SUCCESS OF AN INDIAN: FROM 670 GMAT TO INSEAD IN R3. HOW?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
WHAT WAS YOUR MOTIVATION TO APPLY AT INSEAD AFTER YOU GOT YOUR FINAL GMAT SCORE?

“To believe is to do and to do is to believe”- Words to live by!

I was in a quandary, already having acceptance for an MBA program from a regional college in France and then I met Shantanu who certainly aspired me in taking a quantum leap and even consider INSEAD “A dream college” to send my application to. I figured out that there are “pain points” in my application like a low GMAT score and the fact that I was applying at Round 3 being an Indian, that restricted me to really shine with the right message and a meaningful “Impact”.
My journey with MBA and Beyond Admission Consulting can be a case in point for those who stay in their narrow shell of self-doubt with their GMAT score and overall experiences and yet are willing to break free to redefine their worth by taking the help at a stage when it is really necessary.

WHAT APPROACH DID YOU USE TO FRAME YOUR APPLICATION?

Shantanu has a methodical approach wherein you follow an “open-ended” to “funnel down” approach. That is when you get an opportunity to stream through a plethora of ideas and brainstorm on those thoughts with him to define what elements should be picked and placed in those essays to define your “Story”.
READ FULL INTERVIEW HERE

WHO IS SHANTANU? WHAT IS MBA and BEYOND?

Shantanu, the founder of MBA and Beyond, is an INSEAD MBA graduate, an entrepreneur and a fintech enthusiast. With more than 8 years of experience spanning across entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship, Shantanu eventually unravels his love for helping candidates with their MBA application as a Coach and started coaching applicants, with his team, right after he graduated from INSEAD in 2017.

Shantanu started MBA and Beyond, the “Beyond” signifying the unfolding of a personal and long-term relationship with the clients, after he identified that consultants (no matter how vast their experience is) do not give enough time to bring a personality, a live person in the applications. He, through his unique process , uses Personality test, Series of questions in tandem with your personality, aspirations, and concrete backing of all the “WHYs”, inspirational podcasts, amazing reads and finally the coveted “samples” of essays to create a better vision to chisel your way to work to reach the answers you are looking for.

His clients’ opinion: “Shantanu is unlike other “cookie-cutter” consultants and he does not believe in cutting the corners to achieve the results. He asks questions and believes in creative brainstorming. In the process (which certainly can be elaborate), Shantanu’s expertise over these years and professional demeanour can be a feeling of working with a mentor, this level of appreciation for a fact comes in play to gain your self-confidence in the overall engagement and believe that all this was certainly worth it!”

Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Linkedin
Insights into real essays
See Shantanu’s stellar success-partners