GMAt 570. Do I stand any chance to get into top US B School?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi friends

I am a Chartered Accountant (India) with 10+ years of experience (3.5 years Senior Auditor - Big4; 3+ years Healthcare Sector- Manager Strategy Execution; 3 years of articleship training).
Active member of Toastmasters fraternity with notable achievements in speech contests.
Undergrad GPA of 2.5 out of 4.
GMAT score of 570 (Q38, V31); Analytical Writing - 4, Integrated Reasoning - 5.

What are your views wrt applying to a US or Europe Business Schools for one year MBA? Is there any chance that I will get into good colleges?
How about ISB and IIM?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770
Your work experience is unique and you may have plenty of things to talk in your profile from your 10+ years of work experience. Bschools look for unique and diversified profiles which you carry. You can also get into schools who offer MBA specializing or focus into Healthcare.

Your GMAT score is a bit on the lower side but you can compensate this with achievements, Leadership Potential, Clarity of Goals, Communication and Diversity etc.

In addition to your GMAT score, your undergraduate degree (and grades), your work experience (both quality and number of years), your essays, and your letters of recommendations will all play a role in determining whether any School will accept you. If you're weak in any one area, you need to be stronger in the other areas to compensate. A solid profile which is balanced on all fronts - academics, career growth and impact, and leadership experiences outside work is more likely to impress the Adcom.

Use the link mentioned below to know your chances of getting into any B-Schools by using our ingenious tool called "Chances Of B-School" by entering your profile details.

https://www.genedmba.com/b-school-selec ... o23rGMtuWw

"Chances of B-School" is a unique tool to analyze your real time chances of getting an admission to a top MBA program based on your GMAT score, work experience, your career aspirations, academics, self-analysis of your essays and interview skills. This tool will help you to focus your thoughts; by giving a factual picture of the B-Schools you have a good chance of getting an admission. We at General Education believe that finding the right school is a crucial decision and it has to be done with the help of exhaustive data and statistics.

Feel free to contact us for further information and to evaluate your profile for FREE!!!
Last edited by GeneralEducation on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

TTT

by oneMBAcoach » Tue May 01, 2018 2:56 am
Hello @Tanujh

Sorry to be blunt, but 570 is going to be virtually impossible to cut it at most colleges worth their weight.
ISB and IIM will demand a score of at least 650+ and most other colleges also required minimum 600+. Even in that case, there will be some other aspect in the candidate's profile that will compensate for the low score.
Your low GMAT and GPA will not give the college enough confidence that you will be able to handle the academic rigor.
However, you are a CA, that leads me to believe that you can surely do better in the GMAT especially Quant. I'll recommend prepare well and re-take the GMAT.
Combined with your experience (I'm sure in 10 years you have many stories to tell in your essays) you could then become a strong candidate.

All the best.
Tanujh wrote:Hi friends

I am a Chartered Accountant (India) with 10+ years of experience (3.5 years Senior Auditor - Big4; 3+ years Healthcare Sector- Manager Strategy Execution; 3 years of articleship training).
Active member of Toastmasters fraternity with notable achievements in speech contests.

What are your views wrt applying to a US or Europe Business Schools for one year MBA? Is there any chance that I will get into good colleges?
How about ISB and IIM?
Varun Sharma
MBA Admissions coach
[email protected]
www.linkedin.com/in/mbacoach

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by ExpertsGlobal » Thu May 24, 2018 4:41 am

How about ISB and IIM?
Hi @Tanujh,

Thanks for writing in and apologies for the delay in response. Nonetheless, we hope this finds you in time still.

With your CA qualification and 10+ years of work experience with a stint in the big 4, as well, there is a fair bit that works for your case. However, the GMAT score is a lot on the lower side and while it may fetch you a few admits, those will not do any justice to your overall case (which is a strong one). To add to the same, the low GPA does not help your case either. MBA programs are academic degrees and the Admissions Committee always look for some academic promise which does not come across very clearly with your GMAT and GPA.

Hence, in light of the above, we strongly recommend a retake. Considering you have qualified as a CA, we are quite confident that you hold fine numeric skills and will be able to boost your score with a slight push :-) Even if you are able to score something upwards of 620, you will have a much larger range of options open before you.

Hope this helped!

All the best :-)

Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Thu May 31, 2018 12:59 am
Hi Tanujh,
With your work experience, maybe you should consider EMBA programs: https://aringo.com/emba-programs/
There are several EMBA programs that don't require the GMAT, as you can see here: https://aringo.com/mba-without-gmat/

Let us know if there is anything we can help with. Good luck!
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:52 am
GMAT score of 570 is not a competitive score but considering your work experience you still have chances of getting admission into some best US B-Schools.

You will have to focus more on your essays and highlight your achievements, Extracurricular activities, any participation in NGO activities, Leadership activities, overcoming of challenges etc.

While assessing your application, top b-schools look for candidates who have demonstrated leadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don't necessarily mean leading teams - they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation, and career progression.

Please feel free to get in touch with us for a free profile evaluation from the top US B-School alumni or you can also evaluate your profile by using our ingenious tool called B-School selector tool.

The b-school selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by the team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores.
https://www.genedmba.com/b-school-select ... ChN2pZTo8d
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:21 pm

How about ISB and IIM?
You have a profile that looks better suited for Exec or Global MBA programs. I would look at some that will waive the GMAT requirement-- and there are many.
Donna Bauman
Kellogg MBA

stratusadmissionscounseling.com
Receive more insider MBA info
Schedule a free consult today!

Meet Your MBA Dream Team @ Stratus

by Vishalrane » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:39 am
GMAT score of 570 is on a lower side , though you have strong profile but with this GMAT score it is difficult target top B-Schools.
My suggestion is to retake GMAT and try to score minimum 680+to increase your chances.

by DeekshaPatil » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:28 am
GMAT score of 570 is on lower side, I would suggest you to retake GMAT.
With GMAT score of 650+ you can target best B-Schools.