Ask oneMBAcoach- calling applicants with GMAT below 700

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
oneMBAcoach helps candidates with less than average scores get admission and fulfill their MBA dreams.

I will work with you on the following-
1. Profile Evaluation- Assess your profile and provide recommendations with a detailed timeline plan. Get your profile reviewed for FREE- https://goo.gl/wM4U6p
2. Brainstorm MBA Goals- I not only work with you to build clarity over MBA goals but also recommend whether an MBA is right for you.
3. Essay Support- Help you put your best foot forward while telling your life story to the admissions committee. I do not have a limit to the number of drafts that I'll work with you on. We'll polish your essays till both of us are satisfied that it brings out the best you.
4. Shortlist Universities- With more than hundred options to choose from in India and abroad, I'll help simplify the process of shortlisting the best 3-5 colleges most suited to your plans.
5. Interview Prep- Practice makes perfect. I'll help you with 3 rounds of interviews combined with a detailed review, best interview practices along with a vast interview questions bank.
6. MBA & Career Advice- In each of our discussions I shall give you tips on life in and after B-School, how to improve your Resume and general career advice so that you make the correct decisions.

Varun Sharma
Connect with me
Website
Blog
Quora
LinkedIn
onembacoach (at) gmail (dot) com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
So you have decided to dive into the world of MBA applications.

After finally deciding to pursue an MBA, the applicant's first questions are-

"¢ What is the admissions committee looking for?
"¢ How do I improve my profile?

What is the Admissions committee looking for?

Getting into a B-school can sure be daunting. But it is quite simple to break down what the admission committee is looking for in a good candidate.
Admissions in top b-schools happen on basis of GMAT, Essays & Interviews.
A combination of this holy trinity helps the admission committee judge the applicant on primarily six parameters-

1. Academics
2. Work Experience
3. Goal Clarity
4. Diversity
5. Leadership
6. Communication.

You have to be very strong on most of these elements to secure admit. Sure, a weak area in an applicant's profile may be offset by another very strong element. For instance weak academic record could be offset by a stellar work experience or a strong GMAT score.
However, overall profile of the applicant is very important. No single strong element can decide the outcome of your result. Do not rest on your laurels if you have a strong GMAT or undergraduate degree. At times applicants spend disproportionate time on the GMAT and falter in writing great application essays or become tongue tied in the interviews due to lack of preparation.
Spend equal effort on making each element of your profile strong.
If you have a low GMAT, admission to your dream school is still a possibility.

Read more HERE
Varun Sharma
MBA Admissions coach
[email protected]
www.linkedin.com/in/mbacoach