Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by Akshat Rk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:55 am
Hi,
I am a Chartered Accountant (CA), working at a consulting firm in India. My experience in years would be more than 3 years by the time MBA graduation commences. Aiming for 2018 class.
Exp - 3 yrs
GMAT Score is 600.
Essay 5/6 .

Technical Experience -
1. Chartered Accountant (equivalent to a US CPA)
2. Leading a team of 5 people.
3. Job profile includes management consulting, buy-side & sell-side transaction advisory, valuation, fund raising and negotiations.
4. Love reading about management, strategy, entrepreneurship related topics.

Extra curricular activities -
1. Organised business/ economics and cultural events at college level.
2. College level Cricket player.

Post-MBA goals :
I would like be a part of Entrepreneurial program and join a consulting firm to gain international experience before starting a venture of my own. Seeking a cool Entrepreneurial (or) General Management program experience.

I am considering applying for universities in US.
Target - Babson, Temple (Fox), Northeastern, Questrom (Boston) University
Ambitious - Tuck, UCLA Anderson, Kenan Flagler, CMU Tepper, Vanderbeit Owen Jones (Rice)

Request you to, suggest me which are the safe schools and stretch schools.

Best,
Akshat

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 am
Hi Akshat,

Barring few exceptions, one shouldn't focus on a school depending on what you want to do in the medium term. It should be mainly driven by your short-term goal. Moreover, unlike few years back, now most reputed programs have better entrepreneurial offering. Gone are the days when Babson was preferred just for its entrepreneurial offering.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

Profile Evaluation

by GeneralEducation » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 am
Hey Akhshat,

You overall carry a good profile but you should definetly about retaking the GMAT. As you have pursued CA, I am sure that you can score much better than 600, the ambitious b-schools you have considered are among top 10, with your GMAT its very difficult or equal to impossible.

If you want to have a detailed free profile evaluation by the top B-schools Alumni please feel free to reach us out at +91 9980044412

You can also evaluate your profile by using our ingenious tool called B-School Selector. B-School selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like, GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores. Please click on the below mentioned link to use the tool.
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

profile evaluation

by Gagan Reddy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:18 pm
Hi,

I want to pursue MBA from Harvard business school 2+2 Deferred Programme.
Currently in my second year of BBA in Information Technology from Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research.
Do Evaluate my profile and give me advices so as to develop myself in due course of time. Will be applying in November 2020.

My profile is as follows:

Education
-Secondary and Junior College completed from Bishops School Camp,Pune with 81% in Boards.(ICSE)
-2nd year In BBA-IT from SICSR. CGP-7.98/10.00
-Graduated from Udacity Digital Marketing in June ,2018.

1)Digital Marketing intern for Unfurl Technologies from Feb to April 2018. Proficient in creating app content.
2)Volunteer Head for Villgro health Unconvention in Jan 2018.
3)Sales head and Operations Head intern for Mycaptain from July 2018 to August 2018. Generated 1LakhRs sales and guided 45 Students in career development.
4)Volunteer Head for Villgro Unconvention Banglore from October 2018 to December 2018.Instrumental in event management of over 600 participants.

Extra-Curricular[/b}

-District level Boxer under-16 Bronze Medallist.
-District Level Taekwondo Bronze medallist.
-School level Cricket player,Athletics playe.
-Founder and cultural incharge of SICSR Clubs in 2018.
-Initiated cultural fest in college December 2018 "FrostFest".
-Volunteer for Just for Kicks and Music Basti an NGO to teach leadership skills for underprivileged kids.
-Participant in Pune Model United Nations
-Participant in Graffitee Model United Nations.
-Reached Iken Scietnifca Zonal Round in 2013.
-Participant of Bishops 2015 sponsored Cancer Walk.