Engage in the Beat The GMAT forums to earn
    100 points for $49 worth of Veritas practice GMATs FREE

Veritas Prep
    VERITAS PRACTICE GMAT EXAMS
    Earn 10 Points Per Post
    Earn 10 Points Per Thanks
    Earn 10 Points Per Upvote
    REDEEM NOW

Baruch's Zicklin or Fordham's Gabelli for MS marketing?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi all, I know it's already pretty late in the application process but I still can't decide Baruch or Zicklin...

My background:
Canadian university graduated with 3.19 GPA and finance concentration. GMAT 700, doing GMAT one more time in 2 weeks.
I want to do a one-year program that's either an MS in Marketing or MBA with Marketing concentration. Don't wanna go to small cities and so targeted either NYC or Chicago. There isn't really a school in Chicago that meets my needs so I'm looking at 3 in NYC:

Columbia's MS in Marketing
Baruch's MS in Marketing
Fordham's MS in Marketing Intelligence

I know Columbia's a bit of a stretch for my GPA and lack of outstanding achievements, so I'm really deciding between Baruch & Fordham.

I've read about a lot of comments from people on different sides, and most of them argue about other fields like accounting or finance, so I'm still very confused at this point. What I know so far between the 2 schools are listed below.

Networking opportunities: Avg age of B vs Z are 27 vs 25, so Baruch has an advantage there for having more experienced professionals.
Prestige: Baruch is ranked higher than Fordham, but seems like both schools have good reps in NYC? Not sure about outside NYC... I might come back to Canada and if a employer has never heard of either and do a Google search, then Baruch's ranking looks better.
Cost: Baruch is way cheaper.
Starting Salary: About the same?
Cohort Size: Not sure about B but F has around 70 which I thought is quiet big of a class.

So that's my dilemma. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:45 pm
Living in NYC and hiring in NYC I have seen way more Baruch MBA/MS students in the workforce or interviewing. I'm not sure if that is a result of the career center or the students but Baruch business students are more highly visible than Fordham students in my experience
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!