Experience evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Experience evaluation

by neha shekhawat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:09 am
I am planning to give GMAT in next few months but I am really very worried if my work experience will be considered worthy or not.I have more 4 years of experience of teaching in a B school of a Indian Private University as an Assistant Professor.So I am concerned if universities in USA consider teaching experience as valid experience.
My educational qualification is:
1: Bachelors in Mathematics (3 years degree from Delhi university)
2: Masters of finance and control (2 years from Amity university)

I have invested around 3 months for preparing GMAT now and I am really looking forward to give this exam but this thought keep on moving in my mind and I am afraid that this is going to affect my performance.
Please help
Last edited by neha shekhawat on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by TaterwaysConsulting » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:42 pm
neha shekhawat wrote:I am planning to give GMAT in next few months but I am really very worried if my work experience will be considered worthy or not.I have more 4 years of experience of teaching in a B school of a Indian Private University as an Assistant Professor.So I am concerned if universities in USA consider teaching experience as valid experience.
My educational qualification is:
1: Bachelors in Mathematics (3 years degree from Delhi university)
2: Masters of finance and control (2 years from Amity university)

I have invested around 3 months for preparing GMAT now and I am really looking forward to give this exam but this thought keep on moving in my mind and I am afraid that this is going to effect my performance.
Please help
Hi Neha,

We recommend that you fully concentrate on your GMAT and not worry about the worthiness of your work experience. We believe that your experience, if projected well, can make for a good story.

However we agree that your kind of experience needs to fortified with research work, participation in academic conferences etc. If you haven't done so, you still have time to participate in such activities.

The other question that you would need to answer would be 'Why MBA' and what career path do you seek post your MBA. The questions to ask - Are you wanting to come back to your current domain or are you looking to change industries?

If the choice is former, then MBA would only be a stepping stone as you would have to pursue the path of getting a doctorate eventually if you aim to teach at a top notch school. However if you are looking to change industries, the challenge would be how your experience can come handy in the industry you wish to work in.

The stories can be weaved based on your experience and aspirations therefore we recommend you to first ace your GMAT as it will fortify your scholastic capabilities and not worry about your work experience at this stage.

Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if we can be of help.

Good luck!
Taterways Admission Consulting
www.taterways.com

https://www.taterways.com/free-consultation