profile evaluation :with 680 gmat ;Isb chances

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Kind request for anyone well aware of ISB process to evaluate my profile given below.
I am working as senior solution integrator in Ericsson in media and applications domain.

have been a solution lead since last one year for mini projects with team of 5-6 members.
Client - tmobile .worked with solution architects and managers of tmobile for requirement analysis,feasibility and timelines.
Currently involved with front end team of Tmobile for handling small change requests in the existing solution and acting as subject matter expert for the solution.
Involved with effort estimation and cost estimations.

International work experience -22 months as on 30 march,2016

Clients - Rogers,Canada,tmobile- US,zain- Sudan.

GMAT score - 680 (quant-48,verb-35)
Btech computer science-71.1percent
12th-72 pcnt
10th- 87pcnt

Extracurricular- BUGS certified experienced engineer
Ericsson Certified Professional in IP NETWORKS
team Mentor for BUGS certifications

Won first prize in "connect the unconnected" theme under model category in CONFLUENCE2.0 held at Ericsson premises.

Avid singer : performed at Confluence 2.0
Won several singing competitions from schol to college and now a part of a musical rock band in Ericsson

Avid reader of English fiction.

Post mba- want to move to strategy and operations or IT Consulting in the telecom/ ICT domain
Last edited by BeatIsb17 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

by BeatIsb17 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:16 am
requests any of the experts to reply ..

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by AdmitLane.com » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:19 pm
Hi BeatIsb17

There are certain aspects that could go in your favor. First and foremost, your international work experience is significant and will add to ISB's diversity but most importantly, it will matter the way you portray it in the ISB essays. Right now, most of your job description doesn't reflect anything about your leaderships skills and teamwork qualities. Hence, you need to start working on your essays and devote time if you plan to apply for ISB's Round 1 deadline.

Your extra-curriculars in form of singing (and your band formation ) are interesting but needs further weight in order to be effectively presented in the application. Remember that a GMAT of 680 lies below the ISB average, so you really need to go all guns blazing while framing your application.

All the best!
www.AdmitLane.com
Affordable, High Quality MBA Consulting Services
(From ISB and INSEAD Alumni and Students)

by BeatIsb17 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:36 am
Hi,

First of all,a big thanks to you for answering my query.
I really thought that the query is not worth answering as no one replied for more than a week.

Regarding the leadership and team work skills,may be I could not make it get noticed in my query.
My role is of a solution/team lead in the project where i worked on since last September,2014.

I led a team of around 3 Solution Integrators and 2 software developers in my onsite project in US .

Adding further to my query, could you help me understand the chances in other colleges of this standard.
I primarily look for IIM A,B,K,C ,SP JAIN Mumbai and XLRI (all 1 year residential executive courses).

Thanks.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by AdmitLane.com » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:02 am
Hello there!

All queries are equally important and I am sure you will get further responses.

I think your work experience shows hints of handling multiple stakeholders in a diverse international setting. You should focus on challenges you faced, how you handled them, how you weighed various options and took a well calculated step that reaped benefits (qualitative and quantitative).

Spread your success stories across the three isb essays, each essay showing a different side of you.

SP Jain and XLRI might be within reach, however IIM A/B/C could be tough. It all depends on how you frame your application, but these are competitive programs. Your biggest advantage is international experience and ISB would buy into that, if framed properly.

I also recommend getting in touch with current ISB students/alumni to know your chances. That's what we recommend to most of our applicants.

All the best.
www.AdmitLane.com
Affordable, High Quality MBA Consulting Services
(From ISB and INSEAD Alumni and Students)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:52 am
your profile seems to be good. You can apply to USC, Michigan Ross, UNC Chapel Hill etc.
Best wishes,
Team Manya-The Princeton Review

E:[email protected]
T: 1800-102-4646
www.manyagroup.com

https://bit.ly/1OSgiTP

Hey, was going through this post, and if this pops up in your email somewhere, can you let us know if you made it?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
ISB interview – Expert tips, common questions, and dates

You aced the GMAT, wrote stellar essays, received great letters of recommendation, and crafted a resume that depicts the impact you have created. Now, it’s time to ace the final and important step that’ll decide the fate of your candidacy. This final step in the ISB admissions process is the interview.
Remember that the ISB admissions process is a holistic process and ISB judges its candidates every step of the way. Even though the interview isn’t the only deciding factor, a good one can definitely help you get in. On the other hand, a superficial conversation can really hurt your chances of getting in.

This post was first published on the Admit Expert Blog