Reading MGMAT guides 1st edition better than not at all?

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello - kinda a silly question as I've read all the good reviews and recommendations about getting the 4.1 editions on the MGMAT guides.. but my public library has a couple math MGMAT guides, first edition, in its catalog. Will working through the first edition guides be better than not reading them at all, or has the content changed so much that working through the examples in the first edition end up being a waste of time?

I'm a total newbie to studying for the GMAT..I'm only on day 3 of the 60-day Beat the GMAT plan and have just purchased the OG guides and MGMAT Sentence Correction book. Kinda cash-strapped right now so don't know if I can get any more MGMAT guides right away. Replies and help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:7 members

by mgmat-matt » Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 am
Hey,

While you'll certainly be able to glean some useful information from the earlier editions, we've refined and updated our Guides since then, making the 4th edition Guides much more comprehensive and detailed. I'd recommend that you find some second hand guides that are newer. If you have an e-reader, we also have e-books available which are cheaper.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out again if you have any other questions.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT Representative

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by bluebird42 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:47 pm
Thanks for the reply Matt!