Advice appreciated.

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Advice appreciated.

by memoryman » Mon May 31, 2010 4:28 pm
Hi, I'm relatively new the forum and I had just registered so I could ask some questions here.

I've been out of school for close to 3 years and am wanting to go back to school. I've been thinking about taking classes with you guys. It is a 9 week course, am I correct?

So far I've gone through a couple of random gmat books.

My question is: do I take the GMAT right away after the course ends, or is further studying maybe necessary? Personally, I'm a very slow learner and 9 weeks just seems way too fast.

I've also been going back and forth between just purchasing the whole Manhattan set to do some self study versus actually taking the class. But I realize by enrolling in the class, I receive the materials as part of the package. I don't want to buy the materials and later shoot myself in the foot should I choose to enroll.

Any guidance and advice is appreciated.

Official Company Rep

by mgmat-caitlin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:28 am
Hi,

Thanks for your questions.

The class is indeed 9 weeks long, and you are right, there is a lot of material to cover. What we usually suggest in terms of timing is that if you are able to keep up with all the work during the class (about 15 hours/week) then you should give yourself 2-3 weeks at the end of the course to review before taking the test. If, on the other hand, you find that you don't have the time to do all the work (and many of our students, particularly those who work full time, do find this) then it's beneficial to block out a month or so after the class to make sure you have a good grasp of all of the content covered in the class.

Also, in terms of access to your resources, you have three months of access to your online resources after the course ends, with two free 6 month extensions that you can request at any time. (So in total, you have a year and 6 months' worth of access to your online resources after the 9 weeks of the course.)

In terms of the books, since the cost of the books is included in the cost of the course, we would be happy to give you book credits if you bought the books first. If you do chose to proceed this way, you'll just want to make sure you call us up when you sign up for a class, since we add the book credits manually. You can give us a call at 1 800 576 4628.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Wishes,
Caitlin
Caitlin Clay
Student Services, Manhattan GMAT