Recently purcahsed the online class

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Recently purcahsed the online class

by gabriel16 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:21 am
Greetings. I recently purchased the online session of MGMAT and I am very excited about getting started. I have been studying for the past 2-3 months, but it seems like I have been running around in circles with my studies. Hopefully MGMAT will be a remedy for my structure problem. In looking at the study organizer it seems like there is an awful lot of homework involved -- which isn't a bad thing. My question for this post revolves around what I should be doing outside of homework? Does MGMAT suggest that their students do other studies outside the recommended instruction in the study guide?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by BrieTruesdell » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:01 pm
Hi Gabriel-

I'm glad to hear you're excited about the course and all that goes into it! That's a decent part of the battle right there.

There are really two options for how to go about your studies -- the course syllabus or the study organizer. The course syllabus is going to cover the priorities of the course, this is what you should really make sure that you're able to get done each week. The study organizer will go above and beyond that and even let you know how much time you should spend on each activity (including making sure to spend additional time reviewing each question or practice test as opposed to just completing them). If you think you have the time to do more than the syllabus lays out each week, use the study organizer. Honestly, though, unless you're devoting all of your time to this course and the test and are speeding up the 9 week timeline, I wouldn't suggest going above and beyond the study organizer.

Hopefully that's helpful. Good luck with your studies and let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Best,
Brie Truesdell
Marketing & Student Services Associate
ManhattanGMAT
800-576-4628