Links for free test - Please

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Links for free test - Please

by GaneshMalkar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:54 am
I have two questions :-

1. If i purchase a Manhattan Reading Comprehension guide[as I got other two guides from my friend] will I get 6 MGMAT practice tests with that guide?
2. How i can buy kaplan tests?

I am aiming high and have 3 months of period before exam and now I am looking to give a diagnostic test before I focus on anything.

I am planning to read below materials before exam

1. Kaplan - GMATG Advanced
2. OG
3. Manhattan Verbal Series
4. Arun Sharma for Quants

Tests
1. 6 GMAT Test
2. 5 Kaplan Test
3. 2 GMAT Prep - at the end

Am I doing right?

I am working professional currently working with an investment bank which has high expectation on me towards works so its hard to take time in weekdays.
If you cant explain it simply you dont understand it well enough!!!
- Genius

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:10 pm
Hi GaneshMalkar,

Yes, if you buy any Manhattan Prep guides through our online store, you will have access to our Practice Tests.

Manhattan Prep's pool of practice-exam questions is large enough that you can take 6 fully adaptive tests without seeing a repeat question. After you have taken 6, you can reset the pool of questions and take additional exams, though you may see a handful of questions that you've seen before. That effectively means you can take many more than 6 practice tests with us, but in practice, we think that 6 is sufficient for most people to prepare, if they've studied carefully.

Make sure that you're prioritizing learning the content and the strategies, and not simply taking a lot of practice tests.

Here is my recommended study plan:

- first, take an initial diagnostic test on the Mprep site.

- Analyze the practice test you've taken in a lot of depth. Which areas were you weakest? Strongest? Fastest? Slowest? Decide which topics and question types need more of your time and attention. Be very aware of your timing as well.

- Study topic-by-topic in the Mprep strategy guides, then practice each topic with OG problems. For example, read the chapter on SC subject/verb agreement, then go do a set of 8-10 problems in the OGs that relate to that subject. You can find problems by topic using GMAT Navigator: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/stor ... navigator/
Do this for each chapter in the Quant and Verbal strategy guides. Aim to do this in 8-10 weeks.

- Make sure you are tracking all of the OG questions you do, and timing yourself while you practice. Hold yourself to strict 2-min time limits per question! (I highly recommend using Navigator to track your OG problems)

- Alternate between Quant and Verbal. Don't just focus all on quant!

- Keep a record of any mistakes you make, so you can locate patterns in your errors: https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... -studying/

- Once you've covered all of the topics, practice your skills with random timed sets out of the OGs. Set the timer for 20 minutes, for example, and do questions 1-10 (skipping any you've already done).

- Take a 2nd practice test after 4 weeks, then every 2 weeks after that. Increase to a test every week for the last 2 weeks before your real exam. Use the GMATPrep tests for the last 2.

- Analyze your data from the random sets and practice tests, and go back to any topics that need extra work.

Good luck!
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:12 pm
If you need any help setting up an online account, or if you have any questions, please reach out to our amazingly friendly and knowledgeable Student Services team: [email protected]

Good luck!
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education