How can Manhattan help ?

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How can Manhattan help ?

by onkarva » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 am
I am Onkar and currently work for GM as a supply chain engineer. Recently, I took a shot at GMAT and my performance was not good. My GMAT score 530 ( Q-47, V-18, AWA 5) Below is the road map and study material I used for my prep.

Studied on & off for about 3-4 months Quant and verbal concepts.
Last 2 months before exam, I dedicated 3 hrs daily and practiced quant and verbal on alternate days.

Every weekend I took 2 test for 8 weeks and in last 2 weeks took a test every alternate day.( 6 Manhattan exams, GMAT Prep, Kaplan, Princeton, 800 score, also practiced paper test from Arco, Mcgraw hill and MBA.com)

I used a mix of study material available on the web and some from libraries. (Princeton, OG-11, Kap 800, Kaplan Premier Program, Manhattan Sentence corr, Critical reasoning by Power score)
My scores during practice exams seemed to be between 600-650. (Q- Avg around 42-47, V- Avg sround 30-35)

I wanted to know what things I can do differently and how Manhattan can help me get a better score.

Thanks
Onkar

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:34 pm
Hi onkarva,

Just judging by what you wrote, it seems to me that you need to shy away from free web resources and get involved in a more hands-on program with an Instructor. The Instructor will challenge you and raise questions that you may not have even considered before, providing you with a slew of new skills and concepts.

With that said, however, I would like to ask you a few more in-depth and personal questions over the phone or in an e-mail to get you set up with a program that is properly tailored to your needs. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or call Student Services at 800-576-4628 with your e-mail address and I will promptly reply.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628