Clarification on online material

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Clarification on online material

by surajsagi » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:25 pm
Hello,

I have just bought the online 6 CAT test series (yet to access it). I am also interested in buying other online material (New Order Placed: OrderID: 92980)

Wanted to confirm the following
- Is there an overlap between the material (For example - Challenge problem set (USD 29) and the indiviual quant topics on Geomatry, Number theory etc (USD 5 each) - i.e. - i can buy everything or one consolidated will be enough ?
- How will the online test work - i have to simply login and start ? since i have not received any instructions - right now its only showing Free test - I am assuming other 6 will appear as i complete the tests ?

My Dday is on 08.08.08 - so any advice will be more than helpful (25 days to go)

Thanks,
SM

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:49 am
Hi SM,

All ManhattanGMAT Online Question Banks, CAT Exams, and Challenge Problems are mutually exclusive and do not overlap in any way. Hence, you can buy the Challenge Problem archive without worry that you will see the same questions in another resource.

As for the CAT Exam instructions, you should be able to see a list of directions when you log into your Student Center. However, you do not need to worry about being 100% ready as soon as you begin your Free GMAT Practice Exam; one of the previous screens will warn you before your exam is about to begin.

Good luck studying!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Analysis ofthe test

by surajsagi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:12 pm
Hi

Gave my online test yesterday night

Results - 660 - 45q, 34v

PS - 13/9 (right/wrong)
DC - 7/8

SC - 5/10 (very upset)
RC - 6/6
CR - 11/3

What can i take from this test and how should attack the nest set of 6 online tests

Thanks
SM

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:31 pm
Hi surajsagi,

First off, that's a great score! Just looking at the results that you provided, I would say that you need to focus on Sentence Correction to boost that verbal score. Unfortunately, because the GMAT is computer adaptive, every test-taker will get roughly have the questions right and half of them wrong. The fact that you got more SC questions wrong than right tells me that you might have been making careless mistakes because you likely were tripped up on some of the less difficult questions. Then again, you might also just need to solidify your foundation.

What I would say is check out Interpreting ManhattanGMAT Assessment Reports so that you will be able to fully analyze your performance going forward. Remember: do not sacrifice time practicing real questions out of the book just to take more CATs. The online exams, while useful, will not help you study, but rather provide you with an assessment of your current skills.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628