Best time to take a GMAT prep course!!

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi There,

I just started preparing for Gmat and I think i need more streamlined approach towards my preparation. And also I think i need to take one of the Gmat prep sessions to shoot up on my score. Could you please tell me when would be the ideal time to take a test prep course ? I mean, do I have a take a course when I am RAW with the preparation or before the G-day. Would you let me know the pros and cons on either side.

Thank you!!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:2 members

by manhattanprep » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:56 pm
Hi there,

If you're looking to take a complete 9-session prep course, you don't necessarily need to have prepared on your own beforehand. The course is comprehensive in what it covers, with each session touching upon some verbal and some quantitative material, and one session each for Integrated Reasoning and the essay sections. Students generally take the official GMAT about 2-3 weeks after taking the complete course, leaving some time for self-study and review and some rest before test day. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Best,

Sam Fleming
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
The world leader in GMAT test prep. We believe test prep should be real education. Your education begins here.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by kilzwitchengage » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:53 pm
I am currently half way through Manhattan's online 9 Week Prep (loving it!) and just to add to Sam's post - make sure you are grounded in the Foundations of Math and Verbal prior to your first session.

The course assumes working fundamental knowledge of both high school Math/Grammar and there are a couple of great foundations books (Quant/Verbal) that come with the pack. If you're shaky in either, give yourself a couple of weeks to master them. They've also got a math diagnostic on their website you can use as a yardstick for your competency level.

Cheers.