Been through all the text books

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Been through all the text books

by zueswoods » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:11 pm
Hi,

I have spent the last few months seriously studying for the GMAT. I purchased the entire mgmat book set and did all the CATS (twice). I started with 610 then avg'ed around 690 hitting 730 3 times.

I just took the gmat today and scored a 630. I believe I may need structure and a course to help me achieve my 700+ target score. However I dont simply want a repeat of the material, and are there any more tests I could do?

Official Company Rep
Followed by:2 members

by manhattanprep » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm
Hi zueswoods,

On the right-hand side of the CAT Exams & Diagnostics page you should see a link entitled Additional CAT Exams, which will lead you to a discount code for another company's exams.

Aside from plugging exams over and over, make sure you exhaust all the other resources - Question Banks, material in the guides, resources found on www.mba.com - to make sure you cover all your bases and problem areas.

Best,
Shan

800-576-4628
The world leader in GMAT test prep. We believe test prep should be real education. Your education begins here.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by zueswoods » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:09 pm
Hi Shan,

Thanks for the response, however what about if I decide on taking the course? Is there a vast difference from the course and the course books?

Official Company Rep
Followed by:7 members

by mgmat-matt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 am
Hey,

The course teaches the same material you find in the books but in a structured way and with the help of a 99th percentile instructor and other resources. Some students find that they have trouble structuring their studies on their own so they take a course with us or our self-study program (which includes class videos and a syllabus). If you enroll in one of these courses, you may also be able to get a credit for the books you already own. If you'd like more information, feel free to give us a call at 800-576-4628 and we'll be happy to help you out.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Online Marketing Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT Representative