kaplan 800 online material

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

kaplan 800 online material

by anju403 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:26 pm
Hi,

I bought Kaplan 800 yesterday---and logged into My kaplan page on kaptest.com/booksonline.

I teh book it was wriiten that we will get Math support as well as some guidelines on Eng usage, grammar and idioms. I cant find the later. Please tell me where to search.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Re: kaplan 800 online material

by Saurabhjain » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:09 am
anju403 wrote:Hi,

I bought Kaplan 800 yesterday---and logged into My kaplan page on kaptest.com/booksonline.

I teh book it was wriiten that we will get Math support as well as some guidelines on Eng usage, grammar and idioms. I cant find the later. Please tell me where to search.
moderators / kaplan representatives please reply. i am also facing the same problem. I also bought Kaplan 800 but am not able to download the eng stuff mentioned in the book.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:26 pm
Just wanted to chime in to let you guys know that I notified the Kaplan team about this thread. Hopefully you'll get answers very soon.

Take care!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 pm
Just got a response from my contact at Kaplan. They are working on it:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Just wanted to let you know that I have escalated this to our publishing division and we are working on getting an answer for you ASAP.
Hope to hear an official response and solution soon.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:12 pm
Hi Anju,

Thanks for your feedback. A new edition of this book was released in March 2009, which is why the online companion for GMAT 800 is no longer available. Retailers should no longer be selling the previous edition.

The new edition, Kaplan GMAT Advanced 2009-2010 (Kaplan GMAT 800), includes a grammar guide, an English style and usage guide, and an English idioms reference list.

If you recently purchased the older edition, we would be happy to exchange it. Please return your book, along with proof of purchase, to Simon & Schuster Inc., Customer Service Department, 100 Front Street, Riverside, NJ 08075.

Thank you!

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Saurabhjain » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:30 am
Stuart Kovinsky wrote:Hi Anju,

Thanks for your feedback. A new edition of this book was released in March 2009, which is why the online companion for GMAT 800 is no longer available. Retailers should no longer be selling the previous edition.

The new edition, Kaplan GMAT Advanced 2009-2010 (Kaplan GMAT 800), includes a grammar guide, an English style and usage guide, and an English idioms reference list.

If you recently purchased the older edition, we would be happy to exchange it. Please return your book, along with proof of purchase, to Simon & Schuster Inc., Customer Service Department, 100 Front Street, Riverside, NJ 08075.

Thank you!
Thank You so much Mr Stuart. I bough this book in India. I'll talk to my retailer whether he can get it exchanged.

Thanks Eric :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:700

Confused

by rah_pandey » Fri May 29, 2009 12:20 am
Hi Stuart,
On the Kaplan website under books section there is no mention of the Kaplan800 book. but this available at all book stores. I was wondering if this is an official book.

Also wanted to know the basic diff between Kaplan800 and Kaplan premier edition 2009 with Cd.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

Re: Confused

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Fri May 29, 2009 11:02 am
rah_pandey wrote:Hi Stuart,
On the Kaplan website under books section there is no mention of the Kaplan800 book. but this available at all book stores. I was wondering if this is an official book.

Also wanted to know the basic diff between Kaplan800 and Kaplan premier edition 2009 with Cd.
Hi Rah,

the book is still there, in a revised format and under a new name: Kaplan GMAT Advanced 2009-2010 (Kaplan GMAT 800).

The main difference is that Kaplan GMAT Advanced assumes that the reader has mastered the basics of the GMAT and is ready to focus on advanced level questions and strategies. The book focuses on both the Quant and Verbal portions of the exam and includes a grammar guide, an English style and usage guide, and an English idioms reference list. Further, the questions attacked in the book are almost all at a 600+ level with some considerably higher than that.

Let me know if you have any other question!

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by 801 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:55 pm
Hi,

I am runnning out of time in my preparation and I still want to do some practice with Kaplan 800/Advanced, especially with the verbal part.

I really hope that somebody can post a list of the most difficult verbal questions from the point of his own experience. It would really save me time, as everybody says that the book is not organized in an order of difficulty.

Thanks a lot!