Tests for Mac users

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Tests for Mac users

by squibb » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:48 am
I purchased the Kaplan Premier and Math workbook only to find out the CD-ROM doesn't work with a MAC. Nowhere on the book does it mention this of course. I called Kaplan and they transferred me around until someone finally told me to call the publisher.

I called the publisher and was sent a supposedly MAC compatible CD-ROM. Of course it was outdated and the meat of the CD-ROM was rejected.

Can anyone at Kaplan help a frustrated MAC user get a usable CD-ROm to use??? I really feel ripped off.

Thanks.

Followed by:3 members

by vidabella417 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:43 am
Dear squibb,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced!
As compensation for the troubles you've had with the CD, I'd like to provide you with special access to GMAT CATs online. If you are interested, please let me know via a personal message (pm). I'd be happy to reply directly to you with that information.

Also, just so you know, we do mention the system requirements and the Windows-only format of the CD in all editions of the GMAT guide. In the 2009 edition, for example, we inform our customers on page 20 of the Quick Start Guide (the section in yellow paper in the front of the book). In the 2008 edition, the notice is also in the front of the book on page xvii. We also put a CD icon on the spine with just the Windows registered trademark on all editions of the book.

The number of MAC users is growing every day, and it probably won't surprise you to hear that you are not the first MAC user to give us this kind of feedback on the CD. We at Kaplan take our students' concerns and feedback very seriously. It's how we are able to create the most personalized and focus prep for our students. Your satisfaction is our top priority! Therefore, we are using all this feedback from MAC users as we plan for the 2010 edition of our GMAT guide in order to create the most effective prep tool possible.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation has caused you, and wish you the best of luck on your exam!

Sincerely,

Monica P. Lugo
Editor - Kaplan Publishing

--
We build futures one success story at a time. Visit us at www.kaplanpublishing.com

by squibb » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:36 pm
Thanks for the reply and I will PM you but wanted to say publicly on this forum that page 20 of the quick start guide (does 20 pages sound quick to anyone?) isn't exactly easy to find when just flipping thru the book.

CD-ROM Compatibility should be on the front cover of the book! Page 20???

That definitely needs to be fixed.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Stuck with out practice test

by publius » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:10 am
I am in the exact same boat. I just sent a PM, but I have absolutely no access to a PC and I'm stuck with a CD ROM that won't play in my Mac.

I was planning on taking the test in just a couple weeks, and I'm all out of practice paper tests.

I'll be happy to provide any sort of verification information necessary but PLEASE provide me with the same access so that I can do the problems online.

Thank you.