Anyone in London

Organize face-to-face meetings with other members
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:650

Anyone in London

by jsl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:41 am
Hi guys,

Is anyone else on this forum based around the London, England area? Would be good to catch up (if we aren't studying!)

Jon

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by vanesslondon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:41 am
Hi Jon,
I'm in London! Would be good to study together - our test dates are very close, mine is on 11 August.
Good luck,
Vanessa

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Sakhalin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:57 am
I am in London right now.
Studying for GMAT very hard.
If someone wishes to meet please let me know we can discuss some of the toughest GMAT problems.

Kind regards,

Sergey

by Has » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:18 pm
Hi folks

Are you meeting up for study sessions? I certainly would be interested.

I live in east London and work in central.

Has

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:355 members
GMAT Score:780

by Ian Stewart » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:44 am
I'd try to stop by a Beat the GMAT meeting in London. I'm near Tower Bridge.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by darryl258 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:26 am
Hi there,

I am based in the clapham area of london...i have taken the exam already with a 640 and am aiming to improve to 700. Anyone else in a similar situation? I think it would be very helpful to study with others.

Darryl

GMAT Score:680

by II » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:36 pm
darryl258 wrote:Hi there,

I am based in the clapham area of london...i have taken the exam already with a 640 and am aiming to improve to 700. Anyone else in a similar situation? I think it would be very helpful to study with others.

Darryl
Hey Darryl !

I am also based in Clapham in London ! :-)

I definitely think working together with others who are going through the same is a great idea.

by Has » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:30 am
Yes I agree a group study session (even a one – off session) would be beneficial, how about Central London, as it is the centre point, unless it is just me and the Clapham boys, in which case I can come to Clapham. We can either meet in some sort of coffee shop initially or book a room in a library somewhere – can anyone do this (I tried Westminster’s main library but a no go). Any other suggestions?

Also it would be useful for all those interested in meeting up to suggest when it would be convenient for them? – me personally any weekend is good!

By the way, I contacted the test centre today (only one in London) they don’t allow you to come and look at the test room (can come and see waiting area only) and do not allow you to bring your own ear plugs (although do provide them). However, I asked them for a description of the test area – let me know if anyone interested in hearing about it.

by II » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:42 pm
Hey Has ... Darryl and I have already been meeting (in Clapham) and working together on this. We both have found the experience of working together extremely beneficial.
When is your test planned ? And how much preparation have you done to date ?

For sure we can meet ... how far are you from Clapham ? There are quite a few Starbucks and other coffee shops we can use.

Thanks.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by gabriel » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:47 am
I will be in UK in about a months time and if you guys are still having these meets, I would definitely love to drop in and meet everyone.

by II » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:06 pm
Hey Gabriel,

Well Darryl and I are meeting up regularly ... let us know when you will be in town.

Have you already taken the GMAT ? If not, when do you plan to do so ?

Thanks.
II

by Has » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:46 am
II wrote:Hey Has ... Darryl and I have already been meeting (in Clapham) and working together on this. We both have found the experience of working together extremely beneficial.
When is your test planned ? And how much preparation have you done to date ?

For sure we can meet ... how far are you from Clapham ? There are quite a few Starbucks and other coffee shops we can use.

Thanks.
Hi II

I have been following Eric's study plan with my own customisation, thus far i have been through PR, Kaplan Premiere and Kaplan math workout, currently re-evaluating my study though, hope to produce new plan and start on OG books - with a view to take the test in Nov, how about you guys?

i am about an hour from clapham, although if i was to come from work probably 30mins, let me know when you guys meet (and how often) and i will come over to clapham.

H

by II » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:20 am
Has wrote: Hi II

I have been following Eric's study plan with my own customisation, thus far i have been through PR, Kaplan Premiere and Kaplan math workout, currently re-evaluating my study though, hope to produce new plan and start on OG books - with a view to take the test in Nov, how about you guys?

i am about an hour from clapham, although if i was to come from work probably 30mins, let me know when you guys meet (and how often) and i will come over to clapham.
H
Hey Has.

I will be in Vegas over the next couple of weeks ... so lets touch base when I get back. We can arrange a get-together during the week of 15th September.
If anyone else is interested in meeting in the london area to discuss all things related to GMAT, then please respond to this post ... or PM me.

Thanks.
II

by Has » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:42 am
ok cool, have fun at Vegas .... 8) - i'll also pm my mobile number

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by dadagreat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 pm
guy - anyone still around who is tyhinking of writing the test?