Duke Full-time

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Duke Full-time

by Sadowski » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:55 pm
Hey all!

Interesting how similar I am to the last poster! I applied to 2 schools - Duke and UNC. I didn't have much of a choice because my wife got into Duke last fall.

I couldn't be more happy to say that I'm IN at Duke with a merit scholarship! Can't wait to start the program and meet all the other Fuquans at Blue Devil Weekend at the end of the month!

26yo, 2.5 years WE, 3.68 GPA, GMAT 730 (47Q,44V).

Thanks to the BTGers for providing the help and support for me to achieve my absolute dream school!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by parore26 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:29 am
Congratulations on the admission. Could you elaborate a bit on the merit scholarship. Your profile looks very similar to that of thousands of applicants just curious as to what made you stand out? Thanks

by Sadowski » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:46 pm
parore26 wrote:Congratulations on the admission. Could you elaborate a bit on the merit scholarship. Your profile looks very similar to that of thousands of applicants just curious as to what made you stand out? Thanks
That's a good question! I haven't received my admission packet and don't know anything about the scholarship other than the value.

My experience is in Process R&D engineering at a Fortune 500 company. I highlighted my studying in Denmark and producing a CD with my band in my essays - anything that I thought would be atypical of an engineer.

I've heard that the scholarship selection process can be pretty difficult to predict. Honestly, I was blown away by it. I was just happy to get into Duke, but I'm on cloud 9 with the scholarship offer!

Legendary Member

by gabriel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:45 pm
Congratulations on the admission :D .

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by parore26 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:20 am
Thanks for the info and good luck with the MBA. The merit scholarship you were offered gives me a little bit of hope and I may have to consider applying to Duke next year ;)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by navjyot1983 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 pm
Hey hi congrats, would like to know more abt the scholarship as soon as u get to know abt it. .
Navjyot Ukarde
here to beat the GMAT

by Sadowski » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:59 am
Hi navjyot,

Actually, they haven't given me any details other than that it's a merit-based scholarship. It's not from a specific endowment or anything. Wish I could be of more help, but it's pretty vague...

Best,
S
navjyot1983 wrote:Hey hi congrats, would like to know more abt the scholarship as soon as u get to know abt it. .
Visit my blog:
<a href="https://www.squidoo.com/topmbaprograms" target="_blank">How To Get Into a Top MBA Program</a>