640 and got into LBS!!! yea!!!

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

640 and got into LBS!!! yea!!!

by londonisthebest » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:25 am
Hi all,
I want to share with you my fantastic result. I got into LBS! so excited!
A bit about my profile:
4 years of experience, 2 as a team leader (of 2 engineers).
Average GPA, and only 640 in the GMAT...
I took the GMAT again and again, but could not score a good verbal score.

I thought I would have to compromise on the schools I went for. then I met aringo who specialize in low gmats... I thought they were pulling my leg when they said I could get into top European schools. we used some of my childhood stories (I used to play a lot of football) for some of the essays, and came up with a good career plan and 3 months later, I got into both IESE and LBS! wow. could not be happier
I really recommend to all those with low GMATs not to give up. people like aringo can help you get into the top schools... it is all about how you tell your story...

LBS - here I come!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by bingo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 am
I had a similar story... but with 660...
I really didn't have much faith, and when aringo said I would make it, I decided to go with them...
4 school applications, 3 interviews (Duke, Ross, Mccombs), 2 acceptances (and one wait list)
not bad :)

conclusion - GMAT is just part of the story...
see you next year at Duke!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by marasj2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:12 am
Same here. Seems like Aringo really specialize in helping candidates with low GMATs...
Being an Indian engineer, I thought I would never get into business school with my 690.
but... from day one, the Aringo team, told me it is all up to my application. Chaya, the CEO listened to my story and pointed out my strengths and weaknesses on our firsr call
Then, I sent some documents to the Aringo strategy team who litreley "read me like a book" and helped me clarify my story and articulate my career goals, while keeping them unique.
I related to my consultant, Prithvi, straight away. he helped me with what to write and how to write it...
Out of the 5 schools I applied to, I got one no (Haas) , 4 interviews (Johnson, Anderson, Mccombs, Georgetown), and 4 offers...

I have to agree with the Aringo guys. GMAT is not everything. it is all about the story you tell...
Good luck to you all