Indian IT Male-4th Time Reapplicant, ISB Admit

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi Folks,

I come from the over represented pool of Indian IT Male profile.With not so great undergrad engineering college, and working up in IT with a usual profile made it all difficult for me to crack the ISB admit.I'll summarize my overall journey in as minimum space as possible.

So it started from my college days when I appeared for CAT. And just to tell you the backdrop , I have been a above average student through out. I missed IITs by a blink and landed up in a non IIT. In CAT , I appeared thrice. Got 91, 94 and 96 as percentile. But none was enough to get me an admit to IIMs. As others, I always thought and dreamed of studying in a premier college. But somehow stats were not supporting me.

Meanwhile with work, I started preparing for GMAT. My GMAT preparation had been a roller coaster ride and you can read details of the same in my signature. Wont repeat that. When GMAT was over, i though I was at least one step ahead and would get interview invites. I was wrong. Another part of struggle began.

Didn't got invite from many schools which I thought was under my reach. and during all these time, I dont remember how much money I drained with multiple consultants. I almost gave up for my B-School dreams.Coming specific to ISB, following is the sequence of events:

2014 Intake R2- No Interview Invite.
2015-Intake R2- Interview Invited but got rejected ( Read Interview experience in Signature)
2016 Intake R2-Not even invited for interview
2017 Intake R1-Admitted

This time I took help from consultants and I must say without hesitation that it was a game changer for me. I took help from strategy4gmat. (https://strategy4gmat.com/isb-admissions/)
In addition to ISB, I got interviewd by following school as well this year:

IIM B EPGP
IIM C PGPEX

Needless to say that I was not accepted by neither IIM B nor IIMC. Probably my years of experience was an issue. But finally got admitted to ISB. I owe this acceptance to the team behind strategy4gmat.

For someone like me, who have experienced good number of B-School interviews before this (although all with rejections) trust me, in my first mock I was presented with some basic flaws in my interviews. They make sure that what you are saying is in sync with your application and connect the dots between your short term and long term goals, which I believe is very important. The feedback sessions, post mock interviews helped me a lot.

In my previous applications, I did try other consultants who make big claims to have all ISB alums on their board and what not. (You name it and I did tried that) But take my words, the services and work by team behind strategy4gmat is exceptional.

They are so connected with student and ensure you admit as their personal goals. Regular follow ups and reminders helped me to never lose focus. I also took their help in the application essays as well. Right from making the essays crisp to helping me to brainstorm around idea to make my profile unique inspite of being from an over represented pool, they played a big role. For aspirants looking help in their essays/interviews, don't hesitate to connect with them. (https://strategy4gmat.com/isb-admissions/)You won't regret and that's coming from someone who itself struggled 3 times before to get admit including one with interview where I was dinged.

Thanks for all the patience for reading the post. Even if this post helps to motivate a single user to work further to achieve the goal with perseverance, I would say this post will live its purpose !

In case of any queries feel free to ping me. I'll try my best to help you out.