Admitted to Booth Weekend program- Dillemma Please help!! :(

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:750
I am a bay area Engineer, trying to move to tech-Prod Management post MBA and am happy to report that I got an accept at Booth for a Spring '14 start.
I also applied for Haas 2nd round on Jan 21st and haven't heard about an interview from them yet but am very hopeful that I soon will.

I am trying to weigh 6 months opportunity Vs costs, I will definitely join Haas simply because of the commute savings and ease of burden on family, if offered an admit but the only question is whether I should go ahead with a start in Spring or wait till Fall '14 for Booth?
I will be saving 6 months of opportunity after the MBA, if I start now at Booth.

The question is if I should defer my admit to Fall '14?

Thanks in advance!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by beking » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:34 pm
Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, as they are meant to jump start your thoughts.

My take is to wait until fall.

1. Most people choose to do a normal cycle like starting in the fall (assumption). It might be a good idea to join with a larger class to promote networking rather than be off cycle and have to claw your way into social circles with the rest of the classes.

2. 6 more months of a paycheck is always nice.

3. Starting in the fall lines you up with the normal cycle of applying to summer internships with major companies.

4. If Haas is really what you want, defer for 6 months and wait it out because the convenience is something that will make it easier for you to concentrate on classwork.

Just some food for thought. I hope I got some gears turning and wish you the best in your decision.