George Washington University Global MBA Admit

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:4 members
Hi guys,

I just got accepted into the MBA program at GWU (class of 2014). I was just wondering if anybody else has been admitted and if they're planning on accepting the offer.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by flamencoboy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:21 pm
Hello minhdngo,

Congrats on being admitted to GWU. I am a R2 applicant ...still waiting for a response :-)
I have had tough time reaching out and finding admits online, whether here on BTG or on GMAT club.

Please can you share your application profile. Also, to which other schools you have applied?

I have been accepted at JHU - Carey Business School, but am still thinking about it.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Peace!

by minhdngo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:53 pm
flamencoboy wrote:Hello minhdngo,

Congrats on being admitted to GWU. I am a R2 applicant ...still waiting for a response :-)
I have had tough time reaching out and finding admits online, whether here on BTG or on GMAT club.

Please can you share your application profile. Also, to which other schools you have applied?

I have been accepted at JHU - Carey Business School, but am still thinking about it.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Peace!
My stats are:

male/21
GMAT 680 (AWA: 6.0)
GPA: 3.68
work experience: less than 2 years (but I do have 3 corporate internships tho)
important extra curricular activities: study abroad in Europe + Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity VP

I applied to Fordham, Pace, and U of R. JHU is a good school, just don't know if you're gonna get the "city" experience like ur gonna get at DC. I go to DC cause there are more opportunities for networking and stuff.

Hope this helps. What are ur stats btw?

by flamencoboy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:49 am
hey minhdngo,

Its true that being in D.C is a major plus!
When was your interview? and do you have any tips regrading the interview:-)?
I havent heard from GWU yet (R2 applicant).

My stats are:
Saudi
29 years old
4 years of full time experience (mainly in asset allocation and money market)
TOEFL 103
GMAT 610 (Q 43, V 29) AWA (5.0)
GPA 3.75
Double.major from the Lebanese American University
CFA level 1 (Prospect)

Good luck with your other applications
Cheers!

Followed by:1 members

by mariemm » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:37 am
Hey guys,

I applied on the R2 deadline for GW and I got invited to interview last week! My interview is tomorrow (I live in DC already so I was able to schedule something right away). Any tips for the interview??

My stats: 26 / F / 3.5 GPA from University of Florida / GRE = 96% verbal, 68% math

Excited for tomorrow but a little nervous, too! How long does it take after interviewing to have a final decision, I wonder?

by flamencoboy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 am
Congrats on your invite!

I havent recevied an invite yet, so i cant offer any inight on the process. I have had interviews with JHU and Boston univeristy.
I am sure Minhdngo can be more helpfull :-)

Try to read your essays and resume. Be prepared to answer the typical questions (walk me through your cv, why an MBA, why gwu, and short term career aspiration etc) I would also expect a question about leadership and another on how you navigated through a challenging situation. Ohhh and what would you offer your classmates and the gwu community.

I have received an email yesterday from the admission saying that my application is now complete and will be considered for round 2. Have you gotten such an email?

Good luck! I am sure that you will nail it tomorrow

by minhdngo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:59 am
mariemm wrote:Hey guys,

I applied on the R2 deadline for GW and I got invited to interview last week! My interview is tomorrow (I live in DC already so I was able to schedule something right away). Any tips for the interview??

My stats: 26 / F / 3.5 GPA from University of Florida / GRE = 96% verbal, 68% math

Excited for tomorrow but a little nervous, too! How long does it take after interviewing to have a final decision, I wonder?
Hey I just sent you an inbox msg. Not sure if you received it yet. Lemme know if you did

by minhdngo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 am
flamencoboy wrote:hey minhdngo,

My stats are:
Saudi
29 years old
TOEFL 103
GPA 3.75
CFA level 1 (Prospect)

Cheers!
You stats are good. 610 is fairly competitive, and 3.75 GPA is very good. However i'm sure if your work experience was good, you'll get in. Idk about the TOEFL score since I did not have to take one.

I'm working on my CFA Level 1 too, but i'm sure that unless you're fully certified after completing all 3 levels, it doesn't really count. So try not to bring it up during the interview.

My interview was a month ago. Got my admit 3 days after the interview.

Good luck

by flamencoboy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:00 am
minhdngo wrote:
flamencoboy wrote:hey minhdngo,

My stats are:
Saudi
29 years old
TOEFL 103
GPA 3.75
CFA level 1 (Prospect)

Cheers!
You stats are good. 610 is fairly competitive, and 3.75 GPA is very good. However i'm sure if your work experience was good, you'll get in. Idk about the TOEFL score since I did not have to take one.

I'm working on my CFA Level 1 too, but i'm sure that unless you're fully certified after completing all 3 levels, it doesn't really count. So try not to bring it up during the interview.

My interview was a month ago. Got my admit 3 days after the interview.

Good luck
Thanks for the tips!

Were you accepted before the official decision-release date? How long it took to get the interview invitation (in other words, when should R2 applicants expect invites)?

Thanks a lot!

GMAT Score:690

by moneyball29 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:04 pm
Any R2 applicants hear anything yet post-interview?

Had my interview last weekend, haven't heard anything yet. I know some people got calls a couple days after their interviews, but I believe that was all R1 applicants, so I'm trying to get an idea of where R2 people stand.

Nice to see some people here applying to Fordham and JHU as well :) Nice schools.

by minhdngo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:41 pm
moneyball29 wrote:Any R2 applicants hear anything yet post-interview?

Had my interview last weekend, haven't heard anything yet. I know some people got calls a couple days after their interviews, but I believe that was all R1 applicants, so I'm trying to get an idea of where R2 people stand.

Nice to see some people here applying to Fordham and JHU as well :) Nice schools.
Who did you have the interview with? Was it Shelly? Did you go to the open house? Just asking cause I did not and would like some feedback from the campus visit.

GMAT Score:690

by moneyball29 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 pm
minhdngo wrote:

Who did you have the interview with? Was it Shelly? Did you go to the open house? Just asking cause I did not and would like some feedback from the campus visit.
Nah, it wasn't Shelly. My interview was about 25 minutes I think, no really tough questions. How was yours?

I attended the open house, yes. The visit was great, and catapulted GWU way up my list. The dinner with first years was awesome, and I met some really interesting people. The dean, Doug Guthrie, was quite inspirational. Really nice and genuine guy, and all the admissions staff was really friendly as well. I guess I can't really quantify the good feeling that I had about the school in general, but I'll just say that I've been to a few campus visits, and some of them really left a lot to be desired.

As someone who's already been admitted, I'd definitely say you should be psyched :D

by mattgibbons2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:45 pm
I interviewed on round 2 and am waiting to hear back. I am really excited about the program.

by minhdngo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:59 pm
moneyball29 wrote:
minhdngo wrote:

Nah, it wasn't Shelly. My interview was about 25 minutes I think, no really tough questions. How was yours?

I attended the open house, yes. The visit was great, and catapulted GWU way up my list. The dinner with first years was awesome, and I met some really interesting people. The dean, Doug Guthrie, was quite inspirational. Really nice and genuine guy, and all the admissions staff was really friendly as well. I guess I can't really quantify the good feeling that I had about the school in general, but I'll just say that I've been to a few campus visits, and some of them really left a lot to be desired.

As someone who's already been admitted, I'd definitely say you should be psyched :D
Nice! My interview was fairly challenging. There were some odd questions, but I did alright I think. Now I'm just mad that I missed the open house. That sounds like a blast. Anyways, good luck with your application. I hope you get in.

by ambrishk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:16 pm
Hey all, accepted to the GWU mba, actually quiet some time back!...so any one paid up the confirmation amount as yet??..