Delay in Recommendation Letters

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Delay in Recommendation Letters

by anantsch » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 am
Hi,
So i submitted my applications for the 4th Jan Deadline of Ross and Tuck and 3rd jan deadline for 3rd jan of Tepper. And my recommenders despite several follow ups didn't send in my recommendations in. Is it slightly possible that my application might be accepted for the Jan deadlines if my recommenders send in the letters in the next 2 days.

Thanks,
Anant

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by RajatAgarwal » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:10 pm
From what I understand, this is on a per-school basis. I was in a similar boat for Kellogg on the last day where I couldn't get hold of one of my recommenders for a few weeks before it was due. When I called Kellogg the first time, they said they don't hold it against you as long as the recommendation turns up before March 1st. However, second time around, they said it needed to be submitted by the end of the week. It seems like it depends on the school and the person you talk to in that school. However, my limited experience tells me that they're reasonable enough to not hold it against you as long as it turns up within a few days of the deadline. :)

Apologize that I couldn't be of more help.

-Rajat