Earn 10 Points Per Thanks
    Earn 10 Points Per Upvote
    REDEEM NOW

Veritas CAT vs. actual GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:660

by abduabd » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:35 am
Thanks for the response, Brian. Thankfully, I am not really worried about mental fatigue. My test date is fast-approaching (25th of April); I think it's just "the jitters".

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:503 members
GMAT Score:800

by Rich.C@EMPOWERgmat.com » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:31 pm
Hi abduabd,

Taking the FULL CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) is really the only way to properly experience the Test Day 'scenario' before you take the Official GMAT. With the time remaining before your Test Date, you should plan to take at least 2 more FULL CATs. Try to make them as realistic and test-like as possible (take them at the same time as your Official GMAT, away from your home, etc.). The fatigue that you'll face can often be minimized by having a couple of small snacks during the break and doing some physical activity.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at Rich.C@empowergmat.com

by abduabd » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:15 am
Just took the GMAT today under some bizarre conditions - the staff arrived late, there were "technical difficulties" which led to the exam starting 40 minutes late, my chair broke with me in it, and I landed seated on the ground (sprained my wrist). All this was before the exam. During the exam, there was a seminar going on just outside the exam room, after which someone was in an animated phone conversation with his travel agent over an incorrect booking. Multiple attempts to draw the attention of the invigilators were met with "we're so sorry", but no real resolution. Needless to say, I will be filing a complaint with the GMAC.

Other than all of that, though, I had a blast. Glad I have it done. I'll be taking it again in 31 days. Hopefully, then, it will be at a different venue.

Edit: Totally forgot - my score was 660 (Q44 V37)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by Rich.C@EMPOWERgmat.com » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 am
Hi abduabd,

I'm sorry to hear about the various problems that you experienced at the Testing Center. You should file your complaint immediately (and detail it as much, and as specifically, as possible). It usually takes the investigators a couple of weeks to properly research any complaint, but if they side with you then you might get a free retest out of all of this. Your first score will still stay in your file, but a 660/Q44 is a good score (right around the 80th percentile overall), so this score might be enough to get you into Business School.

Rich

by abduabd » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:34 pm
Rich.C@EMPOWERgmat.com wrote:Hi abduabd,

I'm sorry to hear about the various problems that you experienced at the Testing Center. You should file your complaint immediately (and detail it as much, and as specifically, as possible). It usually takes the investigators a couple of weeks to properly research any complaint, but if they side with you then you might get a free retest out of all of this. Your first score will still stay in your file, but a 660/Q44 is a good score (right around the 80th percentile overall), so this score might be enough to get you into Business School.

Rich
Thanks, Rich.

The GMAC website was down a little earlier today (probably better, because it has given me more time to calmly compose my complaint e-mail).

I'll be honest, I'm not happy with my score one bit. Without the external distractions discussed previously, would I have achieved my target score? Probably not. But, I wouldn't have to wonder what could have been.

I not only need to get into school, but also want to get scores good enough that can:

1. Serve as a foundation for scholarship applications
2. Stand on their own without any need for explanations when I ultimately apply for jobs after business school.

If the GMAC will let me, I will take this again, but in the States this time.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Faraz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:10 pm
I dont know whats going on but my first veritas test I took I got a 650 and then the score kept dropping 610,590 and the latest score is a 560 I'm not sure whats going on? The first test I took cold and I scored a 650 then after studying for a couple of months I'm at a 560? I dont get it.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by Rich.C@EMPOWERgmat.com » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:47 pm
Hi Faraz,

Are you just using Veritas CATs or have you purchased other Veritas products. If you have questions/concerns, you can post them directly to the company representatives in the following Forum:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-a-verita ... e-f56.html

After taking any CAT, it's important to do a FULL REVIEW of your performance. When looking at questions that you've gotten wrong, you need to define WHY you got the questions wrong. Was it because of a silly/little mistake? Was it because the question was too hard? Were you low on time? These details matter - once you can define what you need to work on, you can focus on honing specific skills.

If you have any additional questions, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

Rich

by kaulaakriti » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:47 am
Hi.
I scored 650 and 620 in two mocks,both Veritas prep.
Mock 1: 45/31
Mock 2: 43/36
My GMAT is in 15 days, what do you think my score range would be according to these tests?

Thank you
Aakriti

David@VeritasPrep wrote:The Veritas Prep Simulator test has more difficult questions than those on the official test - on average.

Our research shows that the average quant score on the prep simulator is lower than the corresponding score would be on the GMAT test. So your score would likely be above a 43. I cannot say how much higher.

Remember that these tests do give you an idea of where you are and do help you to know what you need to work on. But of course the Official GMATPrep Test will give a better idea of a score. Or if you have used all of those then the GMAT Focus from GMAC is an option. That is only quant and it does cost $25 for a test of 24 questions (or $65 for three such tests). The GMAT Focus does give you a reliable scoring range at the end of the test. And I would say that the questions on the GMAT Focus are a little "newer" and a little tougher than on the GMATPrep Test.

Good luck!

David

by Avs » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:28 am
Hi David,

Up till now I have the following scores:

Test Total Score / Percentile Quant Score / Percentile Verbal Score / Percentile
T1 640 / 68 44 / 50 34 / 71
T2 600 / 56 41 / 41 32 / 66
T3 580 / 49 45 / 55 25 / 39
T4 610 / 59 44 / 50 30 / 58

Can you give me an idea about what the range of my actual GMAT scores can be like? (I understand its not guaranteed, but wanted an idea)