Usage of wristwatch on test day

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Usage of wristwatch on test day

by gmat62k10 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:10 pm
Hi,

I am planning to wear a wristwatch on the day of my test.
The wristwatch has a stopwatch and I generally use it to time myself during training.

Is a wristwatch allowed in the test center?

Thanks!

by analyst1 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:42 pm
gmat62k10 wrote:Hi,

I am planning to wear a wristwatch on the day of my test.
The wristwatch has a stopwatch and I generally use it to time myself during training.

Is a wristwatch allowed in the test center?

Thanks!
Man, I'm just giving Thanks left and right.

Back to your question, I don't think your allowed any electronic device on you.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by bond0007 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:03 pm
Can you wear a non-digital watch with a Chronograph on it Like the one pictured below? I want to know if I can wear it during the test.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:255 members
GMAT Score:750

by Brian@VeritasPrep » Tue May 04, 2010 5:00 pm
Good questions, guys - the GMAT letter of the law is a little vague, but I'd pay attention to the "including, but not limited to..." line when planning my test strategy:
No testing aids are permitted during the test session or during breaks. Aids include but are not limited to beepers, pagers, pens, calculators, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, blank sheets of paper, rulers, stereos or radios, telephones or cellular (mobile) phones, stopwatches, watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), dictionaries, translators, thesauri, personal data assistants (PDAs), and any other electronic or photographic devices or potential aids of any kind. Note: If you require wheelchair access or need to use an assistive or medical device, please follow the process to request a test accommodation.
(above courtesy www.mba.com)

Watches are mentioned three times in this not-comprehensive list (watch calculators, watch alarms, stopwatches), so I'd be very surprised if they allowed you to bring any type of watch into the center, even though it's a little vague. I'd much rather have prepared to only use the timer provided on the screen and be pleasantly surprised that they let me bring in my Rolex (or, who am I kidding, Timex) than have prepared to have my watch with me and then feel uncomfortable without it.

Analyst1 - keep giving those Thanks! It seems like a much friendlier place here because of them! Here's one for you...
Brian Galvin
GMAT Instructor
Chief Academic Officer
Veritas Prep

Looking for GMAT practice questions? Try out the Veritas Prep Question Bank. Learn More.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Re: Usage of wristwatch on test day

by Nordgreen » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:53 am
In my opinion wristwatch on test day is very useful that really helps to do the test in a given time.

Re: Usage of wristwatch on test day

by ashwinkohli » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:26 am
It would be wise to just check in with the centre. Just email or call them up