HELP!26 days to Gmat!Stdying starts today Only OG11 as guide

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Help Folks ! I have only 26 days to get 680 from a cold start (started studying today) My Maths is average and English is above average .I havent been in a classroom for 20 years and i only have OG 11 to guide me. is there anything i can do to accelerate my chances of 680 in such a short time?Any and all advice welcome Thanks SJ

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

where do u stand

by aim-wsc » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:43 pm
Oh we hv interesting profile here... 20years no classroom!!
u must hv checked the diag.test of OG11.
tell us where do u stand. also u need to download GMATPrep. take that test in this week to gauge ur performance.
then i think we can help u better.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

20 yrs???

by krishnakanthpps » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:57 am
man u have 20 yrs of exp.. wow awesome..

crossing 680. i guess as aim-wsc said.. download GMATprep and write and see where you stand.. and then work on your weak areas...

there are quite a few GMAT forums from where you can get practise questions ( scoretop.com, testmagic.com) .. practise them and I am sure you can get more that what you want.

and yea one month probably requires more than 4-5 hours of preparation per day.

and definetely check this post by Eric the Great.

https://beatthegmat.com/viewtopic.php?t=98

Wish ya all the best.

KK

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Thanks for the replies -I have just taken the OG 11 Diagnostic and scored a low average of 12/24 correct. For DS i got creamed and managed a terrible 7/24 correct.I have the next 25 days clear to study as much as i can .My English is very good bt will my Maths pull me down.Thanks in advance folks.S

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by SummerSquall » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:30 pm
Definitely download the GMATPrep tests...they're free and they're a must along with the OG. There's another free practice test on www.review.com, but if you can buy that company's book, Cracking the GMAT, you'll have another four tests.

I suspect you're rushing and that you're making yourself nervous. You should be thoroughly reviewing the fundamentals...you pretty much need to relearn much of your math. However, a 680 is a high score and a great start.

Panicking is only going to make it worse, so take a deep breath, and focus on learning what you need to learn to do well and be confident.