60Day GMAT PREP Question

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

60Day GMAT PREP Question

by brettraz988 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 am
Hello,
I'm on Day 42 of the Beat the GMAT study prep. I've just finished IR, and I'm concerned that a lot of the math I learned from 3-6 weeks ago is starting to slip from my mind as the last few weeks have been all verbal and IR. Is this a common concern. The daily amount of work is 3-4 hours average so I'm wondering when I'll find the time to go back and regain some of the forgotten knowledge. What do the last 18 days look like of the prep? Is this a valid concern or is a review booked into these final 18 days? Part of the concern might be stemming from this IR turning my brain into sausage. My GMAT is scheduled for 26 days from now. Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:50 pm
Hi brettraz988,

If you find that you are forgetting concepts you previously learned, you may need to force some review into your study plan. That review could consist of reviewing flash cards/note sheets on a weekly or biweekly basis, or even doing sets of practice problems from past topics to ensure that knowledge has not slipped through the cracks.

Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT .

Feel free to reach out with further questions.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:55 am
brettraz988 wrote:Hello,
I'm on Day 42 of the Beat the GMAT study prep. I've just finished IR, and I'm concerned that a lot of the math I learned from 3-6 weeks ago is starting to slip from my mind as the last few weeks have been all verbal and IR. Is this a common concern. The daily amount of work is 3-4 hours average so I'm wondering when I'll find the time to go back and regain some of the forgotten knowledge. What do the last 18 days look like of the prep? Is this a valid concern or is a review booked into these final 18 days? Part of the concern might be stemming from this IR turning my brain into sausage. My GMAT is scheduled for 26 days from now. Thanks!
Studying without reviewing is almost entirely useless - it's like trying to collect water with a sieve. Or trying to collect tennis balls like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5C8rnpAbIs

It is absolutely essential that you make reviewing a large part of your process. In fact, you should spend MORE time reviewing than doing! E.g. if you do a set of 10 problems in 20 min, you should spend 30-40 min reviewing in depth - both the ones you got right and the ones you got wrong. More here: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog ... -problems/
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog ... -studying/
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education