GMAT Mistake Tracker Tool from EMPOWERgmat

This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
This Mistake Tracker is one of the keys to scoring at a significantly higher level. This tool will help you define exactly WHY you're getting questions wrong (rather than a mere count of the content areas you missed the most questions in). By defining your error types, you can learn how to eliminate the mistakes from your work and hone your skill to generate the missing points you're looking for.

Action Steps:

1. Input your results, question-by-question, into the Mistake Tracker Tool.
2. Look at your top 3 tactical mistakes mistakes carefully. Fixing the underlying sources of these mistakes is a key driver of score improvement. Read the specific advice in the "How to Fix Mistake Sources" tab extremely carefully, and be ready to start deploying it immediately.
3. Rework questions and assignments as noted. Remember, you're looking to build new skills and eliminate little mistakes and quirks from your work. That mending process requires that you commit to CHANGING your habits, and reworking the questions you missed is by far the most powerful way to do so. By repeating this process after each CAT and quiz, you will be ready to perform at your highest level on Test Day.

Microsoft Excel (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED)

Step 1: Download interactive Mistake Tracker spreadsheet
The button should say Download Excel Mistake Tracker Spreadsheet
Step 2: Open the Mistake Tracker, and click Enable Editing at the top of the page
Step 3: Click Enable Content at the top of the page

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD: https://www.empowergmat.com/uploads/886 ... cker.xlsm/
Last edited by beatthegmat on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mha7091 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:08 am
This post does not have a download link :(
beatthegmat wrote:This Mistake Tracker is one of the keys to scoring at a significantly higher level. This tool will help you define exactly WHY you're getting questions wrong (rather than a mere count of the content areas you missed the most questions in). By defining your error types, you can learn how to eliminate the mistakes from your work and hone your skill to generate the missing points you're looking for.

Action Steps:

2. Look at your top 3 tactical mistakes mistakes carefully. Fixing the underlying sources of these mistakes is a key driver of score improvement. Read the specific advice in the "How to Fix Mistake Sources" tab extremely carefully, and be ready to start deploying it immediately.
3. Rework questions and assignments as noted. Remember, you're looking to build new skills and eliminate little mistakes and quirks from your work. That mending process requires that you commit to CHANGING your habits, and reworking the questions you missed is by far the most powerful way to do so. By repeating this process after each CAT and quiz, you will be ready to perform at your highest level on Test Day.

Step 2: Open the Mistake Tracker, and click Enable Editing at the top of the page

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:29 pm
Hi mha7091,

The download link has been attached.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by nnennaj » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:10 pm
Hi, there. Thank you for this resource! I downloaded the "Empower GMAT Interactive Mistake Tracker Tool," but every time I edit a cell in the document (I use a Mac), the entire document recalculates and freezes my Microsoft Excel. I presume this is because of the marcos? I changed my Excel "calculations" settings from auto to manual, but it still recalculates (and freezes) every time I edit. Please help/advise on how I may fix this.

Thanks again!

beatthegmat wrote:This Mistake Tracker is one of the keys to scoring at a significantly higher level. This tool will help you define exactly WHY you're getting questions wrong (rather than a mere count of the content areas you missed the most questions in). By defining your error types, you can learn how to eliminate the mistakes from your work and hone your skill to generate the missing points you're looking for.

Action Steps:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD: https://empowergmat.com/uploads/images/E ... acker.xlsm

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:00 pm
Hi nnennaj,

We've been unable to recreate the error that you are experiencing. One of our Engineers suggested that you might try using Apple Numbers.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

hi the download link is not available.

I think the link is broken. Can you please repost?

Hi! the link doesn't allow for downloads, can it be reposted?

:( The link doesn't work. Can someone please share the file (or google drive link of it)?

Community Manager
Hi -
The link in the original post has been updated so it should work now. You can also find it here: https://www.empowergmat.com/uploads/886 ... cker.xlsm/