Is e-Gmat recommended?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Is e-Gmat recommended?

by yumi2012 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm
I've seen some stellar reviews of e-Gmat in terms of its effectiveness of RC and CR instructions for Non-native speakers. I signed up for some of its free-trials and am not quite sure if it is truly effective: each program link is very slow and not easy to follow, contents are not organized in a reader-friendly manner..

Can anyone share honest reviews of e-Gmat? My gut,however, tells me that it's not that good as I thought.
Last edited by yumi2012 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:227 members

by e-GMAT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm
Dear Yumi,

I am sure you will get a response to your question. I have a couple of questions for you. It would really help me if you could write to me at [email protected] with the following questions:

1. Why did you feel that the content was not organized in a user friendly manner?
2. Why do you say that the program link is slow? I do understand that the concept files take 15 seconds to load. However, once the concept loads, the experience should be absolutely seamless.

I will tell you the same thing that I tell our customers. Take the diagnostic and the free trial. Buy the course only if you like the free trial.

We welcome criticism that helps serve our customers better and would truly appreciate if you would write to me.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:700

Is e-Gmat recommended?

by MALD2011 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 am
Hi Yumi,

I am just going to give you my honest opinion about it. I share your opinion about not well organized content. At the same time though I don't doubt the effectiveness, not even a bit.

I took e-gmat's live course. It was worth every penny. I think the best way(at least for me) to utilize the course was to target my weak areas(CR Weaken and Assumption). I think it helped me a lot because it is all compartmentalize so you don't have to go though each and every concept file. In my case I had only 22 days to get my quant score from 41 to >46 and verbal score from 34 to >80 percentile. As you can see I didn't have lot of time to waste on verbal section and e-gmat really helped me there. I just focused on quant basics and for verbal I just focused on my weal areas through e-gmat and I saw 4 point improvement in my verbal section. It is very much up to you but I think I will definitely recommend e-gmat to anyone who wants quick and concise way to improve thier verbal. Here is my de-brief if that helps.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/4th-attempt ... 17776.html
MBA is just one of the many ways to the destination.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by smartass666 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:48 pm
Hi yumi2012,

I am verbal live (includes SC, RC and CR ) customer of e-GMAT, and I am totally satisfied with its offering.
The courses start from the most basic level to higher level , covering each and every topic tested on the GMAT.
Another important point worth mentioning is the approach to solve the questions. Just like math questions need a logical approach to solve, e-GMAT enables you to think logically (a well defined process) to solve verbal questions. Their SC course emphasizes on the importance of meaning which is very important for 700+ level questions.
Similarly, its RC and CR courses focuses on pre-thinking, which is yet another important and effective methodology to achieve higher accuracy. These are not just claims, it works.. Go through free concept files again , attend their free live sessions ,and solve OG questions by applying the process.. You will know what I am talking about.

It's totally worth it, you won't find any other test prep company with such a package.

Follow "the process"(very important) and I am sure you will excel !

Without an iota of doubt I recommend e-GMAT verbal live to every GMAT aspirant.

I have my GMAT in a week ! :)
Hope you make the right decision..
ATB !

Legendary Member
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:700

by bubbliiiiiiii » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:27 am
I have referred e-GMAT's free course on sentence correction and I strongly recommend it. :)
Regards,

Pranay

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750

by thermcin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:28 am
Hi yumi2012, The slow audio or video could be because of your network speed. If this is the case, you need to try to upgrade your internet speed or try other alternate approach. You could try a different browser? i.e., try MOZILLA FIREFOX instead of IE - worth trying...

I was an e-GMAT customer (verbal live prep). Overall, all I can say about e-GMAT is that - you won't regret it..(assuming that you took care of the technical issues on your end). I have written a full review of the e-gmat course at the following link, if you are interested..

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/e-gmat/e-gm ... -345345624

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Shru123 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 am
eGMAT has poor quality content and more than anything horrible customer services.
they do not respond to any of the concerns we raise.
my subscription ended before the actual end date. neither have they reimbursed nor have they responded to the mails so far.