New Aspirant for GMAT

Welcome to the Beat The GMAT community! Tell us about yourself
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

New Aspirant for GMAT

by prafulladhakate » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:22 pm
Hello Community,

Greeting to all members of this community. I am very new to this forum. I want to be a member of this discussion group and gain a lot of knowledge about this site and I also want to share my thoughts. If any type of inconvenience, then I apologize for that.

Best Regards,
prafulla dhakate

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:03 am
Hi prafulla dhakate,

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you're just starting out. Is that true? Have you done any studying so far?

If you're just beginning, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a bit of practice first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the general content and question types first, then that's fine - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by prafulladhakate » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:40 pm
Thanks for your valuable advice and guidance..

1) My degree GPA )base on ETS) is 3.5 ( degree percentage is 68%) and In am interested in operation , Strategy planning and supply chain management specialization and I have over 9+ years of an experience. I really dont know how to fix GMAT score goal as B school are giving score in range.

2) As i am new aspirant I do not know whether five to six month preparation is sufficient to appear for GMAT this year and get Expected score between 680-720.

Kindly suggest and guide me for strategic study plan.

by prafulladhakate » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:43 pm
Thanks for your valuable advice and guidance..

1) My degree GPA )base on ETS) is 3.5 ( degree percentage is 68%) and In am interested in operation , Strategy planning and supply chain management specialization and I have over 9+ years of an experience. I really dont know how to fix GMAT score goal as B school are giving score in range.

2) As i am new aspirant I do not know whether five to six month preparation is sufficient to appear for GMAT this year and get Expected score between 680-720.

Kindly suggest and guide me for strategic study plan.