Hellooo Everyone!

Welcome to the Beat The GMAT community! Tell us about yourself
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hellooo Everyone!

by Merih » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 am
My name is Merih. I'm a 23 year old (24 in a matter of days) civil engineer working in government (mostly Intelligent Transportation Systems and Performance Metrics). I graduated early from The Ohio State University and have 3 full years of work experience. I immigrated to the states with my parents when I was 2 years old from East Africa.

An MBA for me is basically my door-opener. It will give me the knowledge, networks, and ability to truly reach my full potential. As much as I love the hard sciences and engineering, I know the business world is where I belong. I believe from all the books I've read that management consulting is the best career path for me. Marketing consulting would be interesting as well, as I'm a Poet at heart and not the Quant that my degree would seem to suggest :)

Eventually I would love to take my talents and start something up in my parents homeland, as economic development is sorely needed there.

I've taken some different projects over the past year or so including iOS app development, investing in the stock market, creative writing, and heading up my Church community's youth group.

Since I'm well below the average age for applicants, I'm taking the application process very slowly. First thing's first, maximizing my GMAT score. That's how I've stumbled upon this site and I'm very excited to tap into all that it has to offer!

If you've made it this far then I'm impressed! Thanks for reading -

Merih

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:143 members

by Kasia@EconomistGMAT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 am
hi Merih,
welcome and good luck with your preparation.
Kasia
Senior Instructor
Master GMAT - the #1 rated GMAT course

"¢ If you found my post helpful, please click the "thank" button and/or follow me.

"¢ Take a 7 day free trial and find out why Economist GMAT is the highest rated GMAT course - https://gmat.economist.com/

"¢ Read GMAT Economist reviews - https://reviews.beatthegmat.com/economis ... mat-course