Greetings All!!!

Welcome to the Beat The GMAT community! Tell us about yourself
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Greetings All!!!

by bjapp » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:56 am
Hey Guys,

I'm at work, so just a quick introduction for now.

For my undergraduate degree, I attended the University of Tennessee and majored in Marketing. I graduated this May and am currently working as an advertising representative for our newspaper, The News Sentinel (Scripps Network).

It is a potential that in the next several months I could be transitioning into more of a marketing research position within the company.

My main career interest lies in Brand Management (Specialized Marketing). I am working sales and research jobs currently to build my experience up before going to business school. Since I want to stay in Knoxville, I'm looking at good Marketing (Brand Management) schools in the SouthEast, UNC (Kenan-Flagler) and Vanderbilt (Owen). (Tennessee's MBA program hasn't been completely ruled out)

Even though my primary schools don't need exceptional GMAT scores, 650-680, to get into, I would like to get a 730+ in hopes of receiveing some type of scholarship.

Thats a bit about me. Even though my prospective start date isn't until 2009 or 2010, I'm going to start studying in about a month or so. (I'm getting married in 2 weeks) This would give me a good 8 months to study before taking the Gmat in like April.

I'll post my study materials when I start.

Brendan

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by gabriel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:48 pm
Brendan welcome to BTG. Best of luck for your GMAT and congratulations on the impending marriage.

PS: - moving the thread to the "Introduction Forum"