FALL 2007 APPLICANT

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

FALL 2007 APPLICANT

by anjinsanserdar » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:34 am
Hello,

I am aiming to apply to a full-time MBA program for Fall 2007 and I am in the process of acquiring an admissions consultant. Hence, I wanted to contact you as I have been following your interactions on this forum and studied your website carefully.

Here is my quick profile:

Ø 23 year old Turkish male, born and raised in Istanbul

Ø will finish my undergrad in Finance from Indiana University in Dec 2006

Ø gpa 3.1

Ø gmat 640 (q 45 v 33)

Ø speak 3 languages fluently (german, English, Turkish)

Ø 4 year ncaa d-1 student-athlete (volleyball)

Ø financed my entire college education through athletic & academic scholarships

Ø no full-time work experience

Ø 2 summers of finance internship experience (look at resume)

Ø possibly will start a 4 month long internship at Merrill Lynch this month in U.S.

and these are my target schools (in order of preference) after talking to over 50 schools over the phone:

1)Vanderbilt

2)Thunderbird

3)South Carolina – Moore

4)Univ of Pittsburgh

5)UConn

6)Fordham

7)American Univ

8)Univ of Denver

9)St. John’s

10)Univ of Miami

11)Syracuse

12)Hofstra

13)Bentley College

14)George Mason

15)UNLV

16)Drexel

What are your thoughts about my target schools? Any to add to and/or take out from the list?

And how do you honestly evaluate my candicacy (as I realize I am on the short side when it comes to work experience) and in which ways can you help my application?

Thank you for taking the time to read/evaluate and I am looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Serdar Sikca

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:28 pm
I apologize for the delayed reply. New messages were not showing up in my email for the past week, so I just saw your post today.

While you are short on full time experience you seem to have a lot going for you. This is a good list of schools, but if you are interested in taking a stab at some of the more competitive schools, I believe you have a chance. You might want to round out your list with some more highly ranked programs as well. Then again, I do not know your goals, so you may have very good reasons for all of the programs you listed here.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me