Please Advice

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please Advice

by shegiggles » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:05 pm
I am pursuing my Bachelors(expected to graduate in 2007) in Mathematics from a UC school.

I really want to get into a top 10 B-School. My Gpa is about 3.0 and I havent yet taken my GMAT. I have done various interships from top business schools across the world. I have also worked for 2 years as a Realtor with a major real estate company. Do you think its good for me to apply for a B-school in 2007 or is it better for me to wait for a couple of years to get some work experience? Ofcourse taking into consideration that I do very well on my Gmat.

I have a feeling once I stray away from education, I wouldnt be able to get back to that again, so do you think perhaps a Masters in Mathematics would be okay(rather than the work field) before I apply to a B-school?

I know the work experience cannot replace a Masters degree, but is that an option at all?

Please advice me. Really appreciate it.
Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:05 am
I definitely advise you to get some full time work experience. I am sure that the real estate experience is valuable, but additional full time work will be very beneficial. I am not sure what you mean by "internships at top business schools".

Most schools will not even consider you without some full time experience. Those that will (HBS, Stanford...) are extremely competitive. A Masters in Math will not help you much at all.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me