Profile Evaluation Request - GMAT 710

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request - GMAT 710

by KBSharma » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:13 pm
Hi,

Greetings for great times ahead.

I wrote my GMAT exam few days back and I got 710 (q49 & v37). I am not really sure if that is a good score to get into the colleges I want. Besides, considering my profile and GMAT score I need to short list the schools for which I have best chances to get in.

brief summary of my Profile.
1. I have pursued my Undergraduation degree from Indian Engineering college with 7.0/10 GPA
2. By 31st March 2017, I will be having 7 years of work experience (3 years with Oracle Financial Services and 4years with S&P GMI).
3. I worked as a quality analyst in Oracle financial services, and I am working as a quality Engineer in S&P GMI. At both the places, I play a role of intermediary between the business and technical team. My role is to get the requirement from the business side of the investment bank (deutsche bank) and get it implemented on the technical side by assisting the technical team for the clarification of objects under implementation.
4. I have been working in an agile environment since March, 2013. I have been involved in various types of testing : database, functional, unit, integration, etc. to name a few. I have exposure to both black and white box testing and I have been actively involved in the planning phase to sort out the requirements and consider all the repurcussions.
5. I am involved with a Local NGO that take care of orphan children.
6. I have got performance awards for my consistent performance in office.
7. I have many accolades for my stand up acts and dance performances in events held by my office.

Expectations from MBA:
==I want to move from pure testing profile to the product management role since I am already deeply involved in eliciting and finalizing the requirements from both client and product side.
Short-Term Goal - My short-term goal is to obtain a Product Manager position. In this position, I will create strategies to increase competitive advantage of revenue generating applications/products.

Long-Term Goal - My long-term goal is to be an executive leader at an institution, and be responsible for the technology strategy that will be helpful to devise and enhance the products. In this position, I will effectively lead teams with diverse backgrounds, and motivate stakeholders to influence ideas to make our product better.

Colleges I want to get in:
1. Rotman, Canada
2. ISB hyderabad, India
3. Kelley, Indiana
4. Goizueta business school, Emory
5. Wisconsin school of business
6. kranert school of management, Purdue
I am aiming for colleges where I have a higher probability of getting the scholarships. Any addition or deletion from the above mentioned list is always welcome.
Thanks for sparing your valuable time.