Profile evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Profile evaluation

by rakaisraka » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:09 pm
Hi Team,
Can you please evaluate my profile :

33 year old Indian Male , 640 in gmat , Low GPA as well.
11 Years of experience. 4 years Managerial Experience.
PMP Certified , Six Sigma certified.
Average extra curricular activities.

Targeting top 50 US schools. Any school who can offer scholarship as well. My preference is 1 year MBA because of my high experience , however open for 2 year if i can get scholarship.

Can you please evaluate my profile. Also , do i have any chance with Emory?
hanksa

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:19 am
Hi Hanksa,
This is a tough one -- you're a bit senior for many of the one-year MBA programs, and while your GMAT is competitive with the class profile at Emory, among others, a low GPA might worry top business schools. I recommend leaving the issue of financial aid aside for now, and focus first on targeting schools where you have a strong chance in comparison with the incoming class profile: competitive GMAT, similar years of professional experience, etc. At 11 years of professional experience, many schools will wonder why you're not going for an EMBA or a part-time MBA, so you'll need to make a strong argument for the full-immersion program here.

This is a complex analysis, so I recommend that you take it 'off-line' and speak one on one with a professional consultant. Working with someone who is used to this kind of research can help you assess your chances of admission and develop a realistic short-list. Then, if you can get to the US to visit any of the schools on your short-list, preferably in October/early November while classes are in session, that would be a great asset to your case as well.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me