stacy pls eval my profile

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

stacy pls eval my profile

by theshowmehouse » Tue May 23, 2006 11:04 am
Hi Stacy -

What do you think my chances are for gaining admission to Stanford, Tuck, Chicago, Kellogg, and Yale with the below profile? My GMAT score is my weakness - while it is slightly above the lower end of the usual middle 80% range, how much will it hinder my chances for acceptance based on my other information? Does my non-profit background and experience in Romania counteract the negative aspect of my relatively lower GMAT score?

- GPA, major, school
3.4, Neuroscience, Trinity College, graduated with departmental honors
- GMAT with breakdown
650 (39 Q / 40 V)
- resume highlights, including company name, job titles and promotions
Brand Strategy Consultant, Accenture, 5 years - promoted on schedule, salary upon departure was significantly higher than peer group
Business Advisor & Educator, US Peace Corps in Romania, 2 years (by time of matriculation)
- extracurricular involvements
Taught SAT preparation to smart, underprivleged NYC youth for 3 years
Managed team of Sloan students for non-profit consulting gig
- interesting personal facts - countries lived in, challenges faced, unusual interests
Fluency in Romanian, 2 years in Romania (by time of matriculation)

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue May 23, 2006 1:19 pm
You definitely have the ingredients for a successful application to any of these schools. You are correct that your GMAT is a weak link, although it is not low enough to keep you out, if you effectively mange other areas of your application.

You also appear to have a lot of unique, but scattered content. You will need to make sure that you create a very focused story around your experiences and your goals. How do you weave together Neuroscience, PeaceCorps and Brand Strategy. There is a ton of potential for this to be a fascinating application and a successful one.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by theshowmehouse » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:48 am
stacy - thank you for taking the time to thoughtfully respond to my question. have a great day!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

evaluate my profileee!!!!

by dudeasc » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:59 pm
hi stacy!
plz evaluate my profile!1

i have done{just a nominal college} a BA with economics and sociology and political science
currently i m in the second year of my MA economics.Mycountry(india) doesnt follow gpa and gives marks in percentage but evaluating with similiar terms itr will be aound-2.9 in BA and 3.3 for MA, out of 4

gmat score-710

although after school i played soccer for two years for a local football club.will that be counted a s a time wasting in aan application?
and then even between ba and ma i was kinda in a depression and wated one year then also
but now i m out of it and secured a job at a bank but job is really low profile(so till fall 2007 will have 15 months wrk ex)

and on weekends i teach low privilege children(that also helped me to come out of depression) and wrk for an ngo

stacy i know its virually impossible for me to go for a top college but wat chances i have as per ur experiece and anaylsis for following colleges-

1.babson college(olin)
2.Univ. of Iowa(tippie)
3.uni of TEnnessee at knoxvillee(is tudyin investment banking here a good idea?)
4.Temple(fox)
5.Washington at St louis.(olin)

i actually want to make career in investment banking so by that point of view can u suggest me some good colleges?i know it will be to much to ask with such a low profile wrk experience guy like but do i have any chance at top shots?

regards
hi

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:29 am
I believe you have a good chance at the schools you listed. I have worked with plenty of applicants who have lower GPA's and untraditional work experience. Your biggest issue right now is your low self confidence! You need to view parts of your profile as strong instead of believing that everything is weak. You should choose 1-2 higher ranked schools and add them to your list. Most top 20/30 schools will provide a strong general management education and banks will recruit there. You do not have to go to a school that specifically specializes in finance.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

thnx alot stacy

by dudeasc » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:09 pm
actually confidence comes from wallet size :) and mine is really thin
any ways thnx alot for adviicing!!!!!!