Which Schools should I apply to?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Which Schools should I apply to?

by anxg » Sat May 06, 2006 11:25 am
Dear Ms. Stacy,

What are my chances in getting into top 15 B Schools. Please recommend some good school I can apply to.

Regards
Ankur Garg

Profile:
I am an Indian, did my B.Tech in engineering from the topmost institute in my country...
Here are the details

GPA: 7.5/10
GMAT Score: 760 ..
Quant: 50
Verbal: 41

Work experience: 2 years
Management trainee
Assistant manager (production): present
Sector: Manufacturing
Company very small (1 billion turnover) with no brand recognition even in india but provides me with lot of flexibility to induce my ideas.
(I am really scared about the effect of my company's small size and not so popular brand image on my B school aspirations)

Lots of cross functinal job responsibilities. Branding assignments done for my college, company. many out of the box solutions in assignments.

Lots of community service and voluteering.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Sat May 06, 2006 4:13 pm
Based on what you have told me, I do not see any reason why you should not be able to gain acceptance to a top 15 school. When selecting schools, you will need to consider issues such as location, special programs, companies that recruit there, teaching methods and culture.

You will also want to apply to a range of schools within the top 15. Your chances will obviously be enhanced if you are willing to move beyond the most competitive options. You should also consider schools that are not as popular with applicants with similar profiles (from India, engineering degree). Schools such as Stanford, Wharton and Haas have higher concentrations of this profile in their applicant pools.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me