Writing Reviews

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:730

Writing Reviews

by ritusharma2301 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 am
I found it very inconvenient that for writing a review i have to have a facebook account. I may be among the (probably really small) minority, but it so happens that i do not have a facebook account. I do not prefer the site at all and would not want to have an account in future too. You could use PAN numbers or other identification information to ensure real persons.

I would like to add that having a facebook account may not necessarily mean that person is real. I have seen profiles of 'people' which actually represent societies/groups on facebook.

As it is, i wanted to write a review for the benefit of all, but cannot.
Regards
- R

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 am
Hey ritusharma2301,

Thanks for the feedback. I realize this might be a bit frustrating for you, but we put this system in place to avoid having fake reviews in our system. We're doing our best to ensure that the reviews we publish are real reviews by real students and not glowing ones published by the companies themselves. It's definitely true that this system prevents students such as yourself from publishing a review and we're sorry about that! However, we considered the issue very carefully and decided to keep this requirement in place.

Sorry again about this!

Dana