Unable to comment on article.

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Unable to comment on article.

by garry123 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:32 am
Hi Team,

I m unable to comment on the following article.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/09/ ... r-i-part-1

I have submitted my comment and it is not shown there , neither I got any message that it got submitted. Even if they are screened for spam or approval I expect a notification that can confirm I have submitted the comment.

When I tried using another browser and it showed me warning message that are submitting duplicate message.
Could you please check and confirm whether My comment was submitted or not.
I have submitted using the same email (5 minutes back) that I have used to register here,but different name(real).

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:07 pm
Hi garry123,

I've checked in our system and your comment was neither marked as spam nor registered in any way. I honestly don't really know why that is, I'll show this comment to David. Maybe he can help!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by garry123 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:38 pm
Thanks It is visible now !!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Zsolt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 am
garry123 wrote:Hi Team,

I m unable to comment on the following article.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/09/ ... r-i-part-1

I have submitted my comment and it is not shown there , neither I got any message that it got submitted. Even if they are screened for spam or approval I expect a notification that can confirm I have submitted the comment.

When I tried using another browser and it showed me warning message that are submitting duplicate message.
Could you please check and confirm whether My comment was submitted or not.
I have submitted using the same email (5 minutes back) that I have used to register here,but different name(real).
Hi Guys!
I have the same problem with this veritas challenge question
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/10/ ... als-course

My answer was:

Is 2^y * 3^y a factor of (2^8 * 3^4 * 5^2 * 7)^2 ?
Thus the expression has to be divisible by a certain power of 2 and 3.
Since within the expression 3 has the smallest power, its "y" value will be the key to answer the question.
So, since (2^8 * 3^4 * ... )^2 is (2^16 * 3^8 * ... ) it follows that the divisor - as the greatest common factor - should be 2^8 * 3^8 thus y equals 8 and the answer is D.

Would you Guys please help to reveal my comment on that article somehow? It's going for a price I'd like to win! =)
However my answer is duplicated as I tried to submit the answer a second time with some changes. Could we get rid of that as well?

Thanks for your kind help in advance!
Zsolt

Site Admin

by DanaJ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:43 am
Hey Zsolt, your comment does not appear in our spam filters. Can you please try reposting it? Sorry for the problems you're experiencing!

by Zsolt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:22 am
DanaJ wrote:Hey Zsolt, your comment does not appear in our spam filters. Can you please try reposting it? Sorry for the problems you're experiencing!
Hi Dana!
No problem at all! Thanks for helping me!
I tried it again. Unfortunately I got the same result, my comment was duplicated. So I reposted it with some changes. The window for that and the article disappeared and I was directed back to btg.com

I'm using gravatar. May it be the problem? Although I could comment last week here:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/10/ ... e#comments
Today was my second attempt to comment, so I haven't had too much experience with that yet.
I'm using Firefox as a browser.

Don't worry about it too much today. It's Saturday so let's get outside and have fun in the sun! =)
If the same problem will happen in the future, I will let you know.

Have a great week-end!
Zsolt

by mds » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:39 am
Hi,

I was having the same problem with posting to https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/10/ ... als-course. I ended up trying a number of times. After about like 20 min, one of them showed. I just hope it doesn't end up mass posting the rest of the times I tried.

mds

Site Admin

by DanaJ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:42 am
I approved a bunch of posts that got caught in our spam filter. In case I didn't approve someone's post, please PM me with the username you used to post and will also approve yours (tried not to post duplicates, but hope I didn't miss anyone).

Sorry guys, don't know why our spam filter is going crazy today!