Frustration!

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Frustration!

by sarsar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:28 pm
Hi Guys,
So I only need 450 to be able to continue my Thesis at my University but I just can't seem to get that score!
I took 3 real tests so far and I always get somewhere between 380 and 420...I know it's pretty low!
I'm very weak at Quant from school days and my English skills are fine but I don't know if they are good enough for GMAT Verbal.

I took 1 full classroom course this year in February and 2 courses with private tutors last year and the studying has been dragging on and off since 2015.
I've been studying since March 2017 almost everyday with Weekends off!

Last year I took some mock tests from the GMAT official website and I got somewhere between 400 and 450, and I took a test couple of weeks ago from 800score.com and I got 400.
I'm trying to finish the official guide book now (green book with both Quant & Verbal).

I would highly appreciate your help because I'm about to give up!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

Frustration!

by [email protected] » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:01 am
Hi sarsar,

To start, you would likely receive more of a response if you posted in the General Strategy Forum here:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-strategy-f3.html

A score goal of 450+ is really modest, so you should be able to achieve that goal with a few adjustments to how you deal with the Exam. To hit that level, you don't need to correctly answer ANY questions that you think are too hard or too weird - so you should 'dump' any questions that you don't feel good about (just take a quick guess and move on). There should be plenty of questions that you CAN deal with though - and on those questions, you have to do the necessary work (on the pad, NOT 'in your head') to correctly answer them. If you can keep the little mistakes to a minimum, then you should be able to hit your goal.

Have you gone back to review your last practice CAT Test? If not, then you should plan to review your entire performance. Be honest with your assessment - how many questions did you get wrong that you COULD have gotten correct (meaning that you made some kind of little mistake, misread something, missed a detail, etc.)?

1) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
2) What deadline(s) are you facing regarding when you must submit your GMAT Score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by sarsar » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 am
Thank you for your reply Rich!
I will post it on the mentioned forum.

I haven't reviewed my CAT tests again this year, you're right I should do that as a first step.
I plan on doing the exam on August 12 and I need to finish my thesis during 2018 so my goal is to register for the thesis in September 2017.

Thanks again for your help!

Followed by:1 members

by TonyConnar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 am
First of all, to finish your exam successfully, you should not panic and you should not even think about giving up. You have done so much and you walked through so many issues. What stops you now? The thought of getting a low score? And if that will not happen? (I'm sure that you will get a high score) Why are you worrying about something that could even not happen? Organize yourself, sleep enough, do everything you have to do to succeed. And don't focus on negative thoughts. Focus on doing all the best in order to get the best result.

Re: Frustration!

by elaina » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:07 am
Feel it everytime my students going to pass those exams

by iralevec2 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:22 am
maybe something from this site will help you get distracted during this difficult time?
https://psycho -tests.com/test/logical-reasoning-iq-test

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gentvenus » Thu May 28, 2020 11:07 am
sarsar wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:28 pm
Hi Guys,
So I only need 450 to be able to continue my Thesis at my University but I just can't seem to get that score!
I took 3 real tests so far and I always get somewhere between 380 and 420...I know it's pretty low!
I'm very weak at Quant from school days and my English skills are fine but I don't know if they are good enough for GMAT Verbal.

I took 1 full classroom course this year in February and 2 courses with private tutors last year and the studying has been dragging on and off since 2015.
I've been studying since March 2017 almost everyday with Weekends off!

Last year I took some mock tests from the GMAT official website and I got somewhere between 400 and 450, and I took a test couple of weeks ago from 800score.com and I got 400.
I'm trying to finish the official guide book now (green book with both Quant & Verbal).

I would highly appreciate your help because I'm about to give up!
Keep at it sarsar! We all know what it's like to face adversity but I am sure you will come out strong at the end.