How will i get invited to the Ursula blog?

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello everyone,

I plan to write my gmat in 9 months time. I have two questions.

1. Preparation materials. I intend to use the Official guide, economist gmat and Manhattan gmat prep materials. I do want to know how effective these materials are and if there are better materials that i can use.

2. Please can anyone share how i can get an invitation to the Ursulas blog

by WilliamBrown » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:52 am
I would like to know as well.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:09 am
Hi Chukwuemeka & WilliamBrown,

Since it sounds like you're both just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by Chukwuemeka » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:19 am
Hello Rich.CEMPOWERgmat
1) My goal score is 750.
2) I plan to take the GMAT July 2017
3) I plan to apply to business school in 2018.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:12 pm
Hi Chukwuemeka,

A score goal of 750+ will likely take some serious time and effort to achieve. Thankfully, if you're not planning to take the GMAT until next July, then you have plenty of time to study. Are you looking to begin your studies soon? If so, then you might not need to wait until next July to take the Test. With a consistent study routine and the right materials, you could potentially take the GMAT in 3-4 months and hit your goals.

Rich

by Chukwuemeka » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:34 am
Hello Rich.C@EMPOWERgmat

My plan is to start preparation by December 2016. With regards to the right material, what are the materials that with consistent study can get me a 750 or close to that?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:32 am
Hi Chukwuemeka,

Unfortunately, there are no materials that will guarantee you a score of 750+ (if there were, then everyone would just use those materials and everyone would score 750+). However, since there are so many different study materials available, and 'teaching style' varies, you should take the necessary time to research the various options. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional questions, then just let me know.

Rich