Programs other than MBA that don't require GMAT (Canada)?

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I need to ask if anyone can help me in finding programs other than MBA that don't require GMAT or takes low score (450-550 range) applicants. I'm looking for Marketing related Masters programs that will land me on a mid level job after graduation.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:46 pm
Hi optiknerv,

I assume you're asking this question because your GMAT score is not in the upper percentiles. As I see it, you have a few options:

1) Retake the GMAT after a sufficient amount of proper study.
2) Take the GRE instead (many Business Schools will accept either standardized test score as part of the application process).
3) Apply to schools that will accept a low score range.
4) Apply to schools that don't require the GMAT.

For option 1, there are plenty of people who post in the Forums who can help you along the way.
For option 2, your first step would be to take a practice GRE and see how you perform; you can download 2 for free from www.gre.org
For option 3 and 4, you might receive some pointed advice and responses in the Admissions Forum (on this site).

Keep in mind that if you're leaning towards option 3 or 4, you're probably going to end up applying to schools that are far lower in national (or international) ranking that you might hope or expect. Most B-Schools consider an applicant's GMAT score to be one of the most important aspects (if not THE most important aspect) of the application.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by optiknerv » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:24 am
Thanks for the reply. I realize all the downsides of not having a good score and also that schools which don't have GMAT requirement are primarily not high ranked.

I'm primarily interested in completing my masters degree - the ranking doesn't matter much to me (meaning Im inclined towards 3rd and 4th points as mentioned by Rich here). I would really appreciate if someone can list some schools and programs that fulfils my requirements so I can have some options.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 am
Hi optiknerv,

I'm not sure if you're going to find anyone here who will do that kind of research for you. Instead, it's best to define your "goal" and then research the components of that goal yourself. You might actually get some assistance from your undergrad university, since many schools have departments, career centers, alumni services, etc. that exist to help grads on the journey to their next level of education.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by blaisetyme » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:31 pm
Royal Roads University in Victoria does not require GMAT. That said, it's more expensive than the other MBA programs in Canada (that aren't Executive MBA). It's a good school.