A Bad Student's Journey

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

A Bad Student's Journey

by LadySerenity » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 am
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hello! :3 And also that I was a terrible student in high school and for my undergrad. I graduated with a 2.7 GPA, frankly because I was lazy and didn't really care at the time. Ouch. But have no fear! I am applying to a state school, Portland State University. I have been dreaming about their Masters of International Management program. While not ranked, it is a perfect fit for a student like me. The application process is long, but there is no GMAT score requirement.

I just wanted to let everyone know, that no matter how bad your current situation is, you are not the only one. There is a path available to everyone. And also to prove that just because you aren't going to a top school, doesn't mean that you can't be successful.

So, while this isn't a top Business School, I want to prove to myself that I can achieve a decent score on the GMAT. The average score for this application is 515. Easy, right? My goal is 600, just to prove to myself that I can do it. And of course to ensure my entrance in to PSU. Anything above that is cake!! :D

Thanks for stopping by! And by all means, share if you're in a similar situation.