Managed a 650, V47 Q34

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Managed a 650, V47 Q34

by sanjeevs50 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:49 pm
Although my score is much lower than what I expected, I still thought it best to pen down my experience at this great forum, which I came accross thru google. I have gained a lot from this great forum, especially reading about the stories of gmat takers. Of late, it had become a habit to log in to this forum and check up if any new story was posted. Plus the strategies and the flash cards of Eric were a great final minute preparation aid.

I began my preparation in August and had planned a 3 months of total preparation time. Registered for November 3rd date and was cruising along nicely with all the necessary books like OG-11, OG-Verbal, Kaplan Premier, Kaplan 800, Manhattan SC and loads of book from the public library. Also did around 500 SC from the 1000SC blog.

I gave the first GMAT prep test at the beginning of my preparation and got a 620, that propelled my to thinking that I can manage to cross the 700 barrier. Knowing fully well that I am giving any kind of standardized test after a gap of 10 years ( I graduated from an Engineering College in '97), I needed to stick to a discipline and work with sincerity.

I gave around 10 timed tests and my score used to show up in the range of 570 to 710. I knew that I needed a big luck and a lot of focus during the test to achieve that elusive goal.

Finally went to the test centre yesterday an hour before the test and during the test spent more than the sufficient time on few questions which caused me to guess on few questions at the end in both the seciton.

Thats all for now, the library is closing in 1 min and I need to log off, but many thanks to all of you.

Sanjeev

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:51 pm
Sanjeev:

Thanks very much for sharing your story! Best of luck to you in the future!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school