600 to 730 (Q49, V41) in 7 weeks - Much thanks to Empower GMAT

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi all,

just wanted to do a quick share of my experience with EMPOWERgmat. (if you want a TLDR, its great.)

So I registered to take the exam on 5th May, which gave me all of ~7 weeks to prepare. Not the most comfortable of prep duration, I must say, and this was made harder by the covid situation here which meant my company entering the busiest period it has ever been, plus taking care full-time of my 4 month old kid at home with my wife who had just ended maternity leave and started working too. You can imagine how incredibly hard for study time I was. This is where EMPOWERgmat really helped A LOT. I didn't have time for complicated formulas or math solutions, I needed a course that gave me the score with maximum efficiency and that's exactly what I got.

The scoring strategies they taught coupled with the golden nuggets of tips throughout the course really helped me approach the exam with a fresh perspective and aided me immensely in the exam. I could hear their voices in my head sometimes, championing the strategy to use when I saw those similar questions on exam day.

if you have any doubts, they have a 1 month 'trial' which won't set you back much; I tried, and didn't look back. I'm not sure if this course will 'guarantee' you getting >750, but I wasn't targeting that. All I needed was a ~730 score which is already the avg score of the top US MBAs and this course certainly helped me a great extent to achieving that.

Kudos to the Max, Rich and the team!