Application to Top B-Schools

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Application to Top B-Schools

by Arjun25 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:58 pm
Greetings,
I am a second year student at one of the top 5 colleges in India for my programme,BBA.I am looking for guidance and tips on how to improve my resume or chances at the top B-schools.
I am going to be applying to
1)Harvard-(Deferred MBA)
2)Wharton-(Deferred MBA)
3)Stanford-(Deferred MBA)
4)Yale-(Deferred MBA)
5)Indian School of Business-Hyderabad-(Deferred MBA).

Along with MiM courses
1)London school of Economics
2)St Galen
3)HEC Paris
and other colleges in Europe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I project my cgpa to be at 7.4 or maybe higher for my graduation(Topper projected gcpa-9.4)
  • GMAT-740
  • Internship at one of the top 3 consulting firms for a month(Will try for more)
  • Won CBSE states in my 12th grade-U-19-Shotput(Gold).Eventually playing CBSE Nationals.
  • Ongoing progress at small scale Sports NGO where we would be teaching kids.
  • Broke various sponsorship records for my college event.
  • Most probably will be the Head of Department for sponsorship.
  • Planning to submit a business plan of dream company i wish to build
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assuming everything above goes my way,Kindly provide me with loads of tips to build my resume either on existing achievements or any new things I should do
Along with my chances at every above mentioned college as excellent,good,moderate and low
I still feel there are a couple of things missing which do not make me at par or above the competition I would be having.
Harvard Business School/Wharton Business school is my main goal.
PS:-I am planning to work with HelpAge India too as a volunteer ,do you thing I should or focus my time someplace else?
I would be really grateful to you for your response.
Thank you !

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

Re: Application to Top B-Schools

by [email protected] » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:11 pm
Hi Arjun25,

To start, you're ultimately asking Admissions questions, so you would likely find it useful to reach out directly to some Admissions Experts. From your post history, you appear to have already done that - which is good.

In the rest of your post, you refer to a projected GPA and a GMAT Score of 740. Have you already taken the Official GMAT and actually scored 740 or is that Score your goal/"plan"? If you have taken the GMAT, then what were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by one-clickprep » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:42 pm
It’s hard to say that without doing a deep dive on your profile. Perhaps start with a quick profile evaluation and see what your chances are in the various schools and what would be great schools for you to pursue.

After a rigorous college shortlisting, you should focus on college essays, resume and recommendation letters. There are plenty of things you can do to improve your candidacy - start focusing on leadership, awareness of business thinking, collaboration, understanding your goals and building a story around why MBA, why now and why this school

If you are keen to do a free profile evaluation, ping me...

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by one-clickprep » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:38 am
Free profile evaluation and help through admission process to top B-Schools.
Message at +919779343069 to get the form