Empowergmat for a month and a 40 point score jump!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I had given the GMAT twice before, each time getting the same score despite using different tactics and extensively practicing with the Official guides and official mocks. I switched to Empower for my third attempt because after my 2nd one i realised that self-study was not working for me and i really needed a game- changing strategy as i was looking a score boost of a minimum 40 points.

I chose the Empower 1 month plan afte reading so many positive reviews about them on gmat forums. I honestly was skeptical because i haven't heard of any friends or colleagues use the platform before. But as soon as i started with the trial, i was convinced of the simplicity and effective approach followed. The concept videos are structured in a very thoughtful manner and makes every topic seem easy and intuitive. My ESRs from the previous attempts had indicated that my weakest area in verbal was SC so i was primarily focused on improving my SC sccuracy. I would recommend anyone who shares the same weakness to watch their SC concept videos atleast twice to etch them in your mind. My verbal score jumped from 35 in the last two attempts to 41 with just 3 weeks of prep.

I also really liked the mini clinics to teach quant formulae and the podcasts to boost confidence before every mock. Would definitely recommend the software especially for retakers who have tried to get the desired score in conventional ways and failed. Lastly, i haven't seen a more proactive customer support in any professional service i have ever taken. The response time in under 30 mins for any questions and they go out of their way to provide you with all the help they can.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:27 pm
Hi Vid2018,

That's outstanding news! A V41 is above the 90th percentile - and if that's indicative of your Overall Score on the GMAT, then you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you!

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Vid2018 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:32 am
Hi Rich!

Thank you for encouragement and for creating this wonderful course! I enrolled for Empowergmat when no other strategy was working for me and your podcasts really kept me going. My overall score is 720!
1) I am applying to US Bschools this year in R1 and R2
2) I am targeting Kellogg, Columbia and Tuck in R1 and depending on the results i will apply to higher/lower ranked ones in R2

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:56 pm
Hi Vid2018,

With that 720, you can absolutely apply to any Schools that interest you! You've named some highly-competitive Schools, so beyond having a strong Overall profile, you have to make sure that you properly 'market yourself' to each individual Program that you apply to. As such, you might consider working with an Admissions Expert on your applications. We have a particular Expert who we recommend - and since you're an EMPOWERgmat Alum, we can help set you up with a free consultation. If that's something that you would be interested in, then you can contact the Support Team (at [email protected]) and they'll help set you up.

Congrats again on all of your success so far!

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by clubber112358 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:37 am
Congratulations!