Need Advice

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need Advice

by Rahul Saggar » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:39 am
Hi All,
I have been a silent observer of such forums, However now i am stuck in a dilemma whether i can ace GMAT or not?

It's been around 7 months since i have been preparing for it and i have attempted twice.
First attempt - Q-40 V-11 - 430 - OLD FORMAT
Second attempt - Q-48 V-26 - 610 - NEW FORMAT

Maybe i am struggling with GMAT is because i come from a weak academic background.

I have used every resource i have and have exhausted myself financially and emotionally.
Quit my job when i was just on the verge of being promoted.

Please help me cross the border of 670+.

My mock scores were always within the range 630-650 but never touched 700 or even crossed the 680 benchmark.

I would really appreciate some advice from the experts and the people who have already aced GMAT.<i class="em em-pensive"></i><i class="em em-disappointed_relieved"></i><i class="em em-cry"></i>

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:06 am
I'm glad you reached out, and I'm happy to help. However, before providing specific advice, I'd like to learn some more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some questions:

1) Please list the dates on which you've taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).

2) Please describe how you studied. How many hours a day did you study and for how many months? What resources did you use?

3) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

4) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?

5) How many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

6) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.

Once I learn some more about you, I can provide some more detailed advice.

You also may find it helpful to read my article for more information regarding
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Re: Need Advice

by one-clickprep » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:15 am
Your academics are strong and would definitely help. If you can work on your leadership examples and build stories around them, they will be a major point in determining your candidacy.

In addition to that, I would also say focus on your breadth of experience and most importantly your career goals (short term and long term), how the course fits in it and how this particular college fits in.

You have a good chance of getting selected

For a free profile evaluation and assessment of your strengths and weaknesses, PM me and I will forward you our online survey details

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Re: Need Advice

by Rossyjo » Tue May 11, 2021 5:20 am
Hi, Rahul
Your scores aren`t bad at all, I started with way less success. I like your persistent vibe, trying and taking all the possible resources is very professional. Even though it seems really hard rn, believe me, it is about to get better.
I would advise you to concentrate more on your weak sides, there are many really good resources here in different threads that are helpful. I also used to examine other peoples` tests and struggles in order to fulfill my knowledge and calm my emotions.
Remember to take a rest for your brain and clear your mind so that afterward you would be able to study with double power.
Wish you luck, you rock!